Search results for query: *

1. Gengarzilla

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

I still however maintain the opinion that using this league as set-up for the villain team arc was a bit bonkers. Even for all its faults, the Unova League was still the main focus. It was never overshadowed by Episode N. We didn't have N randomly enter it with eight badges and sweep Ash and...
  2. Gengarzilla

Looking back on all this, I get the feeling that Alain's shiny new trophy is only going to serve as a reminder of what he's done under Team Flare and Lysandre when the Flare arc is all said and done. I can understand just a little better why he won this now. You've gotta climb all the way to...
  3. Gengarzilla

Just don't make it a massive tearjerker like one I've seen in which Pikachu dies right afterwards... :cry:
  4. Gengarzilla

I don't think that's a valid point when we've only seen Mega Charizard X outright lose just once throughout a much longer run, if I'll be totally honest. Fully mastered Ash-Greninja has been around far less in comparison, of course it hadn't lost yet.
  5. Gengarzilla

The saddest part? Alain's win validates his philosophy in a way. It's comparable to Trip winning the PWT Junior Cup, but at least he got mercilessly crushed by Alder afterwards.
  6. Gengarzilla

There's been a handful of ways I've seen people deal with this here. Resentment, anger, resignation, despair, even acceptance in my end. How one moves on from this can distinguish the Pokémon fans from the Pokémon anime fans. Regardless of this, I still love the franchise. No overexposed...
  7. Gengarzilla

Basically yes. I think this was the first time where we didn't know a thing about the outcome of Ash's final league battle. I'd say that's why so many viewers are salty. Biggest cocktease of 2016.
  8. Gengarzilla

I hope someone notices the backlash. Memes? This is unreal, I've never seen such a response to a Pokémon anime episode.
  9. Gengarzilla

It's just occurred to me, isn't today Ikue Ohtani's birthday? What a dreadful time for this episode to air.
  10. Gengarzilla

According the the anipoke hashtag, Alain is now public enemy number one. They're annoyed, alright.
  11. Gengarzilla

Apparently this episode was written by the same writer who did Ash vs Cameron, and we all know how much of a steaming turd that one was. Lesson of the week: Don't underestimate your anime fanbase.
  12. Gengarzilla

In BW, Ash loses to someone who mistook a TV remote for a Pokédex, thought that you needed seven badges to enter the league, thought the league would be held in Johto, forgot to register, thought that Registered was a Pokémon species, only got in thanks to Ash's intervention, and brought 5...
  13. Gengarzilla

Or be reset, considering how well he's done in Kalos. We got closer than ever before in Sinnoh, then Unova dumbed the competence right out of him. Lol. I really don't need to say much more.
  14. Gengarzilla

Mmm. I guess there's the prospect of him facing some struggles as he comes to grips with how gullible he's been with Lysandre and Team Flare. Y'know, since he weakened Z2 enough for it to be caught and put in this position...
  15. Gengarzilla

One part that kinda sorta maybe gets me is that they probably don't even realise what they're doing wrong with Alain right now. This is a guy who has never lost once in the main series, which would make Gary weep. Things aren't too rosy when they're teaching viewers how not to write characters.
  16. Gengarzilla

Top 8, Runner-up, Top 4... Two steps forward, one step back?
  17. Gengarzilla

As a somewhat avid fanfic reader and aspiring writer, that's the impression I can't deny getting from Alain. Thanks, XY saga, for teaching me how not to write a character.
  18. Gengarzilla

Hehehe, I got myself a little giggle out of that. Great analysis there.
  19. Gengarzilla

You know what? I'm totally ok. It's strange, but I'm not upset at all even though I went in hoping for Ash to win. Maybe it's because I accepted this as a possibility, or perhaps there's some other reason. Maybe it's just me not letting the result of a major anime battle spoil my day. This is...
  20. Gengarzilla

Clearly Ash lost because he can't recognise Serena's feelings then. XD
Back
Top Bottom