Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

My best guess is that the reason Aqua Tauros can't learn that move is because it's named and based on an actual swimming manouver that a creature with Tauros's anatomy wouldn't really be able to perform. Granted, the Froakie line isn't able to learn it either and they honestly shouldn't have...
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

Speaking of Strength Sap, Wo-Chien should get it too. Not only does it fit its theme perfectly, but it'd make it a lot better than it is currently, and since Wo-Chien is currently the weakest of the Treasures of Ruin, a little buff would be nice.
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

speaking of these guys in particular, I'd love for them to get more moves that can take advantage of Technician, since the only move they have that does this is Magical Leaf. they did get Hidden Power in Gens 6 and 7, since its reduction to 60 BP made it compatible with Technician, but now that...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

I know that they've been Dexited in Gen 9, but if/when they return, it'd be awesome for Delcatty, Furfrou, and Cinccino to get Tidy Up, since it fits them perfectly and would give them some much needed buffs.
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, Arceus's entire thing is that it's the creator of the universe and can harness any elemental type it pleases, so of course it'd have access to a few Dragon attacks. It's not just "it's got powerful claws". Silvally was created to emulate Arceus, so the same justifications apply to it...
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, but I'm highlighting Lopunny because other Normal-types at the very least have Double-Edge or Body Slam as decent STAB options despite lack of Return/Frustration. Lopunny is not one of those. One reason I could see Return and Frustration being removed is to nerf Aerialate and Pixilate...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

It also learns Flame Charge, which even involves the user completely engulfing itself on fire. Oh, and speaking of Lopunny, does anyone else find it weird that it can't learn Body Slam or Double-Edge? Idk, it's just that with Return getting axed Lopunny was kinda left high and dry of good STAB...
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, I know. I was agreeing with you XD
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Actually, since High Jump Kick is specifically called "Jumping Knee Kick" in Japanese, that implies that the move isn't just an upgrade for Jump Kick, but that it's specifically executed by striking the opponent with one's knee, wheras Jump Kick (called "Dropkick" in Japanese) is pretty much...
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

Technically these are something of a reversal of the coccoons, Alakazam, and Primeape. At least those have the excuse that their pre-volutions get the anatomically impossible moves because it actually is anatomically possible for those pre-evos and removing such moves from the volved forms'...
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

By that logic, though, any Pokemon based on an animal that can swim should also be able to learn Surf. And the list of animals that swim is... extensive, to say the least. In fact, I think it'd probably be faster to list the animals that can't swim even in desperate situations.
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

Bidoof learning Surf makes a million times more sense than a bull (Tauros) or a rock rhinocerosaurus (the Ryhorn line) learning it. It's not like the Water-type coverage does anything useful for those guys anyway, since their abyssmal Special Attacks means they'll hardly dent anything with it...
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

This is the case for most housecat-based Pokemon, though: the Meowth line is literally the only one in the housecat category that gets access to Bite. It might have something to do with the stereotype that biting are more associated with dogs whereas clawing and slashing is more associated with...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

tbh I've always felt like that's kind of a weak excuse. If a tail can serve as a substitute for a fist this easily, then why don't just give punching moves to just about everything that has a tail while we're at it? Aipom and Ambipom sure are starting to feel a lot less special if it turns out...
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

That, and there's a bunch of Pokemon that learn Ice Punch despite not even having any arms to begin with (hi, Wooper and Gastly), so even if the "moves change with the form" thing wasn't done, it's not like it'd be so weird for base Kyurem and White Kyurem to get it too. I mean, at least they...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

Extreme Speed has surprisingly little distribution and it really feels like it should be available to more Pokemon: there's literally only 13 families that can learn it without an event, and most are Legendaries/Mythicals. If nothing else, I feel like at least Pidgeot should get it. Pokedex...
  17. Ghost Diplocaulus

Add Amaura and Aurorus to that list as well. Yes. As unbelieavable as it sounds, the two Special-attacking, gem encrusted Rock-type fossils STILL can't learn Power Gem for some unfathomable reason.
  18. Ghost Diplocaulus

Flareon can also learn Rain Dance, albeit only because its Normal-type pre-evolution gets it.
  19. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yes, I'm aware, I guess I just think it'd be nice for Druddigon to have a recovery move. Also, the way the Pokedex words it implies that Druddigon's sunbathing is also a form of recovering stamina, which is why I made that suggestion. So if Synthesis wouldn't work, then I guess give it Morning...
  20. Ghost Diplocaulus

Speaking of Druddigon, with all the references the Pokedex makes to how it uses its wings to soak up sunlight, it's a little weird that it can't learn Synthesis to reflect this.
Back
Top Bottom