Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, I gotta preach to the choir that the lack of battles is baffling. I get not wanting to mirror Ash's own journey, but there's gotta be ways to keep battles around without it being a carbon copy. Like, say, for example, maybe Liko and/or Roy want to become strong so they can defend...
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I mean, to be somewhat fair to Cap, Ash's Pikachu had literal decades and well over a thousand episodes to show depths to his personality. Horizons by contrast isn't even a year old yet, so there's still a chance that they'll do more with Captain Pikachu's personality somewhere down the line...
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Galarian Moltres is a Legendary AND an Ancient Hero Pokemon who previously belonged to the most powerful Pokemon trainer in history. Losing to something like that doesn't knock Cap off of any pegs in the slightest. There was the elderly Charizard in the Poketoon short with that girl and the...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

You're missing the point I'm trying to make that so far every Pokemon in the main cast that isn't Captain Pikachu (and to a lesser extent Friede's Charizard) has been either a helpless damsel that needs to be rescued by the franchise mascot or an antagonist that needs to be defeated by the...
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, this exactly. God forbid that a pseudo-legendary of all things be able to handle a threat that it has a double type advantage over. No, instead Metagross deserves to be portrayed as an incompetent wimp who can't fight its own battles because how dare it not be a marketable mascot.
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

The closest that Captain Pikachu has come to having trouble was when Amethio had a rematch against him and was taking him more seriously as an opponent, but even then Amethio's Ceruledge wasn't really dominating so much as it was just able to trade blows with Pikachu equally. As for jokes and...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I said "could", not "should"
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Okay, here's an opinion that if I said literally anywhere else I'd be devoured alive: I am not a fan of Captain Pikachu, and I honestly have been pretty mixed on him since the start. Not because he's replacing Ash's Pikachu or anything, but rather because I think Horizons is trying WAY too hard...
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

...oh yeah, true XD whoops! sorry, that was my b...
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I actually disagree here: Serena's Eevee had a clear arc about conquering her crippling shyness and opening herself up to others, so she definitely wasn't there just to be cute like the Eevees that succeeded her.
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Personally, I just want main Eevees to do stuff outside of sitting on a girl's arms and looking cute. Heck, maybe start letting them evolve again for a change. If the mandatory MC Eevee isn't going to evolve I'd rather Freide catch it and then it becomes Captain Pikachu's Lieutenant or...
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Would this even be a problem, though? We had a Pikachu in the main cast for 25 whole years and he frequently hijacked glory from lesser-used teammates throughout that time, so this newest one having to take a backseat to the Paldea Starters is more than fair imo.
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Regarding this point, to be fair the fact that Captain Pikachu is the one who's done most of the truly cool stuff (to the point that the series has constantly gone out of its way to show off how much stronger he is than Sprigatito and Fuecoco combined) kinda evens out the fact that technically...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

To be fair, a big part of the reason BW was contentious was because of Ash's regression in skill, so if a new protagonist had been used in his place, people would've probably been far more lenient. That said, I can easily see Hilbert being controversial as a protagonist and compared to Ash...
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I never said it was an issue. I just listed it as an example of the type chart being defied because it was one of the ones I could remember most easily. There's also the fact that I generally picture Steel-types as being naturally sturdy, so even if we count Poison Jab as a regular jab when...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, May winning through the type chart being ignored is far from unique to her. The most notorious example is of course Pikachu's tendency to bypass Ground-types' immunity to his Electric attacks whenever it's convenient (though this thankfully was almost entirely abandoned after the Roark...
  17. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, same. Heck, sometimes I feel like even the games have something against Jolteon, since they seem to be on a crusade to make it as terrible as possible since Gen 8 due to the fact that they got rid of nearly all of its useable coverage moves and didn't give it anything new in return to make...
  18. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

There's actually quite a few Pokemon who seem to exist almost exclusively to be punching bags and nothing else. Aside from Goodra, there's also: Starmie hasn't appeared much since the Original Series ended, but back in the day it seemed to exist just to be brutally defeated every time it was...
  19. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Well, recycling the plots of past series isn't anything new. To give a few examples: There was a DP episode that recycled the "let's pit Pikachu against a Raichu and cement his refusal to evolve" storyline almost beat by beat; most of the Pokemon that James captures take after his Victribel's...
  20. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I think Trip might've still worked as a beginner rival if it wasn't for the fact that Ash was made to lose to him constantly. We've all discussed Pikachu's infamous loss to that rookie Snivy countless times, but the second time Ash and Trip battled is arguably worse: at least the loss to Snivy...
Back
Top Bottom