Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Your controversial opinions

The item in question is Mirror Herb. Also, since you yourself have pointed out that Bottle Caps make breeding unnecessary, then why would removing the IV system be any worse for the mechanic than Bottle Caps already are? As for inheritable traits, how about Marks? Several of these can be...
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

I don't think breeding would be made hollow without IVs: it would still be useful for shiny aficionados, for one. Also, the whole passing down moves from parent to child thing would still remain (heck, if anything this part of breeding would be improved without IVs, since you'd only need to...
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

See, the problem with this reasoning is that EVs and IVs serving as a way to make each Pokemon feel like individuals sure sounds like something more intended for casual playthroughs; surely in this day and age there are ways to make Pokemon feel like individuals without needlessly hampering...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

I know that these are old, but I wanted to throw my hat on the ring in this matter... If you ask me, the main issue with HMs isn't necessarily the limiting movesets thing so much as the limiting party options thing: see, let's pretend we have some kid trying out Pokemon Platinum for the first...
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

It's really annoying, though, when it's made it nigh-impossible to openly like Vaporeon in a completely innocent context without at least one unfunny twat swooping in with the dang copypasta and turning the whole conversation into that.
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, the Death Eaters actually are meant to be Wizard Nazis (and it's honestly really unsubtle), but the point that @Emmy was trying to make is that any depiction of genocide in fiction is automatically compared to Nazis even when it's meant to either reference a completely different massacre...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

I feel like this is more of a headcanon than an opinion, though... But there was a character in the anime who was literally a witch and transformed Ash into a Pikachu for like three seconds. So there is at least one part of the franchise where magic is indeed canon.
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

The Houndour and Impidimp lines arguably count as demons, especially their fully evolved forms.
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Which is pretty funny, because Darkrai isn't even a god of death; Yveltal is. Or at least it's the closest thing to one.
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, that and the Ultra Beasts, whose entire point is that they're completely alien Pokemon or Pokemon-like creatures, so of course they differ wildly from the usual style.
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

Personally, I think Pokemon has always leaned into a kinda "cute" aesthetic anyway. Yes, some designs are much more conventionally cute than others but I'd argue that even the "ugly" ones like Barbaracle and Garbodor have a bit of a cutesy, minimalistic feel. Yes, by Pokemon standards those two...
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

I think that what @RK9 means by "monstruous" is just "not overtly humanoid", and yeah, it's undoubtedly true that starters have been getting more and more humanoid with the passing Generations. Blaziken was the first true case of a "furry mon Starter", but it was largely easy to ignore due to...
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

Hey, I did actually preface my comment with "hot take", did I not? :P Okay, but joking aside, please don't make assumptions about me. I know I rag on Charizard a lot, but I assure you my problem isn't with the dragon itself, it's the way it's marketed. If literally any other Pokemon were in its...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

Weird. I have played all the games and the only times I consistently run into Stealth Rock is against Roark. Heck, aren't entry hazards really uncommon outside of competitive in general? And even if they weren't, how would Stealth Rock ruin your solo runs when the whole point of those are that...
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

Hot take about entry hazards, one in particular: Stealth Rock would not have been even a third as controversial a move if it wasn't for the fact that Charizard is so heavily damaged by it, since like 90% of the discussions about it complain about it being unbalanced almost solely because of how...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

I feel like the reason Normal and Dark have neutral interactions with each other also has to do with the fact that Dark doesn't necessarily represent just being ruthless in a fight, but also generally being wicked and a cheater. In other words, "evil". Normal people may be vulnerable to...
  17. Ghost Diplocaulus

...you know, this is actually a pretty amusing and fun interpretation of Heracross's horn, so big kudos for that XD
  18. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, the fact that female Eevee's tail pattern very blatantly evokes a heart's shape when viewed from certain angles or the silhouette of a flower if viewed from above doesn't really give me a lot of confidence that the Eeveelution's potential gender differences wouldn't follow a similar theme...
  19. Ghost Diplocaulus

I will admit that I'm glad that the Eeveelutions themselves were spared the gender differences because I just know that they would have probably gotten really dumb stuff such as female Umbreon's rings being shaped like hearts instead of circles, female Espeon's head gem also being heart-shaped...
  20. Ghost Diplocaulus

I'm honestly not sure if this would actually be satisfactory, though, because the MD specials didn't even cover much, just a few bits and pieces, namely the introduction and (at least for Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) the first part of the climactic arc. But that's really it.
Back
Top Bottom