Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Oh, this isn't even necessary to learn that lesson: I became a fan of Pokemon through the anime first, so naturally when I played the games for the first time I used a Pikachu at the first opportunity I got, only to be incredibly disappointed at how much the anime lied about its battle prowess...
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

No, you see, this was totally justified because Pikachu needed to be shoved down the viewers' throats at every opportunity in BW: his species wasn't present in the Unova Pokedex, after all, and that would make people forget who the franchise mascot is supposed to be! We gave Unfezant the Skyla...
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

Heck, Pidove and Tepig even feel like they had unfinished setup: Trip had a Tranquil, possibly implying that there were originally plans for Ash's female Unfezant to fight Trip's (possibly) male Unfezant and the former winning due to the lore of females having better aerial skills, and if true...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

And yet Liko and Roy managed to meet Nemona anyway, so clearly Naranjuva Academy isn't the only way for those meetings to happen.
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

And who says that the anime has to follow the games' structure point by point? Especially since villainous team plots generally deviate quite a bit from their game counterparts. The anime has never been a perfect 1:1 adaptation of the games' storylines and that has never stopped it from covering...
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

It's very possible, perhaps even probable, that if the Team Star storyline is adapted it'll be condensed into a single episode, as Journeys more or less did that with Marie and Team Yell's storyline.
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

We don't know if there's going to be a remake next year. And even if there was, that has literally never resulted in the main Generation's region suddenly being completely shoved to the side in favor of the remake region besides the Advanced saga concluding in Kanto rather than Hoenn. In every...
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

Pikachu obviously, but Sirfetch'd was definitely not a speedster: it relied way more on raw power than even Dragonite and Lucario did and the event that gave away Ash's Journeys team listed his Nature as Brave, which increases Attack at the cost of Speed. So yeah, Sirfetch'd was definitely a raw...
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Apparently for the same reason some humans can manipulate aura while others cannot: it's a rare but real ability that some Greninja can have, and Ash's just so happens to be one of them.
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

In Pokemon's canon all living creatures have aura. It's just that Ash and the Lucario species are able to manipulate aura.
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

And how can you be so sure that they're gonna do things exactly the same way again? I mean, I don't think anyone ever expected a format like Journeys to exist, or for Ash to not catch any starters whatsoever, yet look what happened. And even if they do decide to gloss over the Paldea plotlines...
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

Scarlet and Violet has three different storylines, though, with the Gym Challenge being only one of them. They could easily have Ash do one of the others while a different character does the Gym Challenge. It's really not that big of a deal either, since Ash hasn't done a traditional Gym...
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

I think it's because people who were young kids back when it first started airing (and thus for them BW would've been the first experience with the Pokemon anime) are now old enough to interact with the rest of the fanbase on a large scale, and for them BW has at the very least nostalgic value...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

Another thing that would make Ash defeating Leon even more egregious is that the very same Greninja that lost to Alain's Charizard was shown as being more powerful and more in control than Ash's Lucario, who has been gradually pushed as the ace of the Journeys team. And if Greninja is just that...
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

Not to mention, being present would be far better for Chloe's development than it was for Serena because unlike Serena, who basically just wanted to not be a Rhyhorn Racer, Chloe (or at least her Eevee) actually does want to explore a little bit of everything. And even if she didn't, just seeing...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

Honestly, the fact that Chloe's entire subplot is about finding a path in life means that properly making her part of the main cast at least as soon as she got her dang Eevee and have her travel would've been great for her development because she'd actually get to experience the many possible...
  17. Ghost Diplocaulus

I freaking love that for the Galar team Paul was given a Greedent of all things XD Sorry, it's just that with how "meh" Regional Rodents tend to be in combat combined with Greedent's cheery inoffensive design just makes it look very out of place with the scary powerhouses
  18. Ghost Diplocaulus

Besides all that, I think that if Mega Evolution ever makes a return in the mainline games, it'd be far better for it to do so in Gen 10 (alongside Z-Moves, Dynamax, and whatever Gen 9's gimmick is), since there's a very high likelihood that Gen 10's release will happen around the franchise's...
  19. Ghost Diplocaulus

Not only that, but it's also much riskier here, since Darkrai is simply a far more powerful Pokemon than Hypno, and that enormous power combined with the Bad Dreams Ability and Dream Eater all stacking with each other (by contrast, Harrison's Hypno had only that last one to really punish...
  20. Ghost Diplocaulus

Heracross was not a bad choice at all, though. In fact, out of all the Pokemon Ash had on him at the time, Heracross was by far the most adeptly-equipped to fight Darkrai typewise, what with being a Bug/Fighting-type and all. He also knew Sleep Talk, which was a very neat way to get around Dark...
Back
Top Bottom