Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Review JN077: Super Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

People aren't complaining about Pikachu winning every battle so much as him just getting way too much attention over the rest of Ash's Journeys mons.
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

Honestly, I think we'd all be much better off if Riolu actually had been the Infernape/Greninja of Journeys over Pikachu. I mean, Pikachu is guaranteed an eternal spot on Ash's team, so he's literally the last Pokemon in the world who needs this kind of shilling. Lucario on the other hand would...
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

Huh, true. I guess that means that next time Ash and Bea have a battle their final Pokemon won't be Lucario and Grapploct after all, but Gigantamax Pikachu/Gengar (preferably the latter because good god, Pikachu has been an awful spotlight hog lately...) and Gigantamax Machamp. Either that or...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

There is a difference between power and duration of effects, though. I know it may seem like a weird thing to fixate on, but I guess just find it a little weird that if the writers really wanted Pikachu to win by overriding Electivire's Ability, why not add as many elements to benefit that...
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

That comment of mine you're quoting wasn't talking about Pikachu's Z-Move overriding Motor Drive, though (I actually do agree with you that it just barely passes the realm of believability, and I even said as much in my analysis of the episode), I was responding to Reborn Talonflamme's...
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

I dunno, that sounds a bit too gruesome for this anime if you ask me, and I don't think Electivire fans would enjoy seeing their favorite Pokemon in that kind of visual. Honestly, showing Electivire visibly exhausted and panting, perhaps with sparks of Electricity surrounding its body (I'm...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

See, just because the show has this habit it doesn't mean it's something that it's a good thing nor should it be a recurring trend. It's actually rather annoying if anything, because altering the rules of how moves and Abilities work whenever it's convenient isn't really a good writing strategy...
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

I don't think that's a valid explanation, though, since not only is this not implied in any way by the show itself, but no other field-affecting moves have been shown to have this downside: Tierno's Blastoise and Ash's Goodra both had battles where they set up Rain Dance shortly before they were...
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

At long last, we get a PWC battle, and at long last we get one that's not a 1v1 or 2v2. And it was pretty good too! I did have some problems with it, but the battle itself for the most part was fun and entertaining and full of strategy: I really like how Volkner immediately showed his chops as...
Back
Top Bottom