Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Does the Anime have an effect on the Popularity of some Pokemon?

Yeah, but I think Detective Pikachu was fully aware of how creepy the Mime is. It's part of the reason it's scene is so funny for me.
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

I concur. Detective Pikachu outright redeemed Mr. Mime for me. It used to be one of my least favorite Pokemon until I saw that movie, which took full advantage of Mr. Mime's fun attributes to great effect.
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

I'll do you one better: I once encountered someone who honest to goodness thought that Pikachu was faster than Electrode (the undisputed fastest Pokemon in gens 1 and 2 and the fastest Electric-type until Regieleki's introduction) solely because of how the anime tended to portray Ash's as The...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

That's actually an interesting point, because Meowth is probably the only Pokemon whose notoriety comes exclusively from the anime: while you could make a case for every other popular mon having at least some of their fame being influenced by the games (Starters are self-explanatory, Pikachu for...
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, yeah, but Cinderace is Uber, so it's still clearly the most powerful one. I also recall that Chesnaught was OU in Gen 6 too because Bulletproof is actually a pretty decent Ability. Also, I know Luxray isn't the only example. That's why I said "for example". I just didn't cite any others...
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, I was talking more in terms of gameplay rather than how they're showcased in the anime. Yes, compared to past starter sets, the Gen 8 starters are more balanced in their portrayal, but gameplaywise it's another story entirely, and Cinderace was clearly the favored one there. I guess it...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, as much as I rag on Charizard's modern portrayals, it at least actually earned its popularity. Sure, the anime probably contributed, but at least in the games themselves it was no more special than Venusaur or Blastoise.
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

I will admit that I used to be a lot more dismissive of Cinderace when it first came out than now, though in my case Goh's Cinderace has very little with me softening up to the species in general. I think the real reason for me is just that it's the "safest" rabbit design in Pokemon, as every...
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

To give a more positive example on the whole "Pokemon popularity affected by the anime", there's Gliscor. I remember how in the very, very early days of Gen 4 just about everybody hated it. It was called "ugly", "a hideous monstrosity", and people lamented how much it "ruined" Gligar. Literally...
Back
Top Bottom