• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ash's Dragonite's last win was against Iris's Haxorus. Also, bit of a nitpick, but I'm pretty sure that the "Jobbernite" nickname is actually for Iris's Dragonite, since the poor thing has actually lost every single battle he's been in starting from the time Ash's Krookodile knocked him off his...
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, but I still would have preferred to use the opportunity to give screentime action to at least a couple of less-focused on species. Heck, I don't think we've even seen a Boltund even in a background cameo outside of the Secrets of the Jungle movie.
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

I'm not gonna lie, while it does make sense for Leon to have all the Galar Starters on his team (since it makes him an even stronger parallel to Ash by mirroring his OS team buildup), a big part of me would have preferred to see him use other Gen 8 Pokemon instead, since we have seen Cinderace...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yeah, if Leon doesn't have any other gimmicks besides Gigantamax, Eternatus playing a role in his battle against Ash is a more than adequate substitute if the "only one gimmick" rule ends up nixed for the final. Even if Eternatus doesn't participate directly, I can still see it doing something...
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

I... mentioned that as well XD tbh my stance in the "Leon has all the gimmicks" theory is one I'd be 110% love to see be the case, but at the same time I'm not sure how likely it reallistically is.
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

That's what I said, though.
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

Unfortunately, it seems that Dragonite is Journeys' equivalent of Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra: both started their respective series with absolutely fantastic showings to the point that they could be argued to be the aces of their teams, only to get horrible losing streaks just to make a new ace look...
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

I'm pretty sure that Ash is guaranteed to use at least one gimmick, since all the Masters 8 battles have had every Trainer (except Iris, since she doesn't have the right items required for them) use a gimmick, so there's no reason why this one would be different, especially when it has been...
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Just because Rillaboom doesn't get to use any gimmicks in Ash vs Leon doesn't mean it'll be playing "second fiddle" to a Mega or Z-Move; base Rillaboom could very well end up being so much of a threat that Ash has no choice but to use one of his gimmicks early just to deal with it, which would...
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

Unless of course Leon happens to have a Mega and a Z-Move himself. I know a lot of people don't think he does, but it's still possible, especially since the show has been strangely insistent in not revealing Leon's whole team despite every other non-Iris Champion having a team that's as...
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

My hopes/predictions: Spiritomb vs Dragonite- Dragonite is switched out due to being put to sleep and being damaged by Dream Eater Spiritomb vs Gengar- Spiritomb wins and is switched out Roserade vs Dragonite- Roserade deals big damage to a still sleeping Dragonite and is switched out when it...
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

Okay, first of all, you need to stop double-posting. It clutters the pages and makes it diffucult to keep track of your replies. Second of all, what "fits" a character is extremely subjective; you may think Dragonite and Goodra are good fits for Iris, but not everyone will agree. Thirdly, my...
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

I'm not sure what having a good structure has to do with me not wanting Iris's dragon team to be a near-exact carbon copy of Ash's. I left it perfectly clear that I don't want Iris to have a Goodra because she already shares two whole Dragon-types with Ash, and to me that's just boring. Diantha...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

Yes, but I did say I'd much rather see Goodra with Diantha if that were the case. Giving Iris a Goodra would make her Dragon-type lineup way too similar to Ash's (they both already have a Dragonite and a Gible for crying out loud), and that's something that just doesn't sit well with me. Let...
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

None of those are Johto Pokemon, though. And besides, Goodra has already appeared in a relatively recent major battle under Raihan, so it's sort of unlikely that another one will be used here so soon. Even then, I'd much rather Diantha were to use a Goodra than Iris, since Goodra is Diantha's...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

Well, I know it's probably a stretch, but remember that Iris's other two Pokemon aside from Haxorus haven't been revealed yet, so it is possible that she could whip out a surprise Johto rep. Possible. Not probable.
Back
Top Bottom