Search results for query: *

1. Glitchipedia

What are your game headcanons?

Sometime between Legends: Arceus and the modern era, pharmacists stopped manufacturing Super Potions. Instead, in a bid to maximize profits, the normal Potion was marketed as the Super Potion, while a diluted version was marketed as the Potion, both with an increase in retail price. Hyper...
  2. Glitchipedia

Here's an obvious one: Grand Oak is Samuel's father, and the son of Masara (Pallet?) Oak from Pocket Monsters: The Animation. "Grand" is also certainly not his real name, but a nickname referring to either his age or his status within the scientific community.
  3. Glitchipedia

The Weather Institute was probably founded in part to pinpoint serious disruptions in the natural weather patterns so Pokémon can be dispatched to counter them.
  4. Glitchipedia

I'm going to start with an analysis of some stuff in the anime, but I promise it ends up relevant to the games, so just follow me for a minute. According to Giselle's claims in EP009 of the anime, Ash's Pikachu should be at least level 25 after two months of training. Pikachu is in the Medium...
  5. Glitchipedia

If Oak's stated age as of Generations II and IV is to be taken as gospel, I don't think it could have been anyone but Agatha. Oak would have to have conceived a child practically as soon as he was legal, possibly even a year or two before—and his child would have to have done the same—in order...
  6. Glitchipedia

Mr. Pokémon's real name is Archibald Stafford. This can be taken as a translation of a Japanese name, Shinichi Kawabe (河辺真一 Kawabe Shin'ichi)—"Shinichi" means "one who is genuine", and "Archibald" means "genuinely bold", while "Kawabe" means "riverside" and "Stafford" means "river crossing...
  7. Glitchipedia

No disrespect, but by that logic, shouldn't Brock be as well? All evidence points to the contrary, as far as I'm aware.
  8. Glitchipedia

He certainly meets the first criterion. The second is debatable, but I think that's for another thread.
  9. Glitchipedia

The title of "Pokémon Master" is bestowed upon those possessing two main attributes: The ability to form meaningful bonds of friendship with any Pokémon. The ability to raise any Pokémon to its maximum potential without resorting to cruel or unethical methods. The notion that one must catch...
  10. Glitchipedia

It's possible they've aged as much as twenty years. That is the amount of time stated in Generation VII Pokédex entries to have passed since Porygon's creation, and its Red, Green, and FireRed Pokédex entries state it to have been created using "the most advanced technologies" (さいこうの かがくりょく the...
  11. Glitchipedia

Judging by their psychic abilities, they likely have higher-than-average IQs and qualified to take the trainer license examination early. Either that, or their legal guardian is nearby to supervise them and the player just doesn't see/notice.
  12. Glitchipedia

I suppose I could have safely left that part out, but I felt like I needed to justify having chosen a French translation for the guy's name. And for some reason I thought she fantasized about France more often. In any case, she doesn't really reveal too much about herself in the games apart from...
  13. Glitchipedia

Misty's unidentified boyfriend, seen briefly in Generation II/HGSS when the player interrupts their date at Cerulean Cape, is named Robert Chevalier. This is a believably French name, and in the anime, Misty has at least once expressed a fondness for France and things associated with it. It can...
  14. Glitchipedia

The prototype player character from Red and Green's early development, identified as "Yūichi" in Helix Chamber's cut content analysis, is Red's father. He is still alive and continues to travel on his own Pokémon journey. One possible spelling of his name notably includes the same kanji...
  15. Glitchipedia

If Bulbapedia is to be believed, Professor Oak seems awfully young to be Daisy and Blue's grandfather. My only conclusion can be that he must not have been an ideal father figure (likely due to getting wrapped up in his work), leaving his child without guidance and causing them to act...
  16. Glitchipedia

The article more specifically states that Apricorn Poké Balls were in use between four hundred and seven hundred years before the "present day". If we take that to mean the time of Generation II, and assume that to be around the time the games themselves were released, we'd be looking at...
  17. Glitchipedia

Even then, I think it's safe to assume that some variant of the Poké Ball technology has existed for a long time. Pokémon have only been called "Pokémon" or "Pocket Monsters" for as long as they've been able to be carried in one's pocket; prior to that, they were known as "magical creatures". To...
  18. Glitchipedia

That's a good question. He may have only meant that Poké Balls weren't widely available, therefore they may as well have not existed as far as he knew. Otherwise, I call continuity error.
  19. Glitchipedia

Poké Balls existed prior to 1925, after a fashion. They were just hand-crafted, primitive variants (like Apricorn Poké Balls), not the mass-produced modern form seen today.
  20. Glitchipedia

The main campaign of Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! is largely metaphorical. Chase, Elaine and Trace are being told the story of Red's journey and imagining themselves as the main characters. Blue appears in a role separate from that of the rival because he is the storyteller. Inspired...
Back
Top Bottom