Search results for query: *

1. G

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Oh-ho-ho, those wacky dub pokemon, eh?
  2. G

It was an excellent write-up, and super informative. I'd honestly forgotten just how far back the previews for the Plasma debut stretched. Additionally, everyone's excitement over these episodes is ingrained in my memory, though I never quite realised just how much coverage these episodes had...
  3. G

Meowth: "Check out my new Pokémon pal!" Beheeyem: "Beheeyem!" Ash: "Woah Meowth, who's that Pokémon?" IT'S A DUNSPARCE YOU MORON.
  4. G

Because as a creepy character in a Watchog costume, he's got the potential to be hillarious. I can't think of any other reason, though to be frank, it's one I wholeheartedly agree with.
  5. G

I remember being against the trade at the time, though my reasoning was because I thought the idea of having these two pokemon using battle styles that weren't typical of their trainer's chosen profession, and having to adapt to that, would've been more interesting. I still think the trade took...
  6. G

The way Liza was written makes her come across as...well...pretty bitchy in comparison to the original's Sieg. Though honestly, I probably wouldn't even mind all that much if the voice didn't amplify how obnoxious some of her dialogue seems.
  7. G

Don't know how much truth there is to it, but I've read that he's a pretty big 'meme' character over there, along with Tympole. Might explain why it and Palpitoad were caught in the same episode :P
  8. G

With all the spelling errors and indesisiveness about romanisations running rampant, I'm not sure if I'd say that fanbase's useage of the japanese names was ever 'perfectly fine' :P I'm glad we've finally seen the end of 'Hatopoo' and it's ilk, personally. Pun unintended. Personally, I don't...
  9. G

Huh? I always recall him saying it in a sarcastic tone, so it struck me more as teasing if anything. Been way too long since I've watched some of these... Also; I laughed out loud.
  10. G

It's pokedex entries, dude! ;) Anywho, I can't say I disagree with your romanisations, but I do find it odd that you settled on 'Sazand' rather than 'Sazandra'. I'm guessing you were going for 'hand', given that's basically what the extra heads became, but wouldn't that have to come from...
  11. G

That supposedly sexist line I thought was pretty funny. I mean, there's the fact that it's amazing that people still think like that anyway, but then there's also the amount of times we've seen Brock with waterfalls streaming from his eyes. Sheesh, talk about your hypocrites. I'm also...
  12. G

I really have to wonder why they decide to let certain episodes keep all the music intact and then go straight back to using their own material. Is it simply because they deem certain ones 'special' enough to remain untouched or something? It's just kind of funny to think they sit down and say...
  13. G

I thought the line was just an obvious cock-up and nothing more, since, y'know, the script was crap and loaded with inconsistencies already. Can't believe people read into it.
  14. G

Aww c'mon Piplup. It was all undoubtedly silly, but that's why it was so funny. Nothing wrong with a little mindless (if that's the word?) humour now and then.
  15. G

How are those nods to adult fans? I mean, normal adult fans. And for that matter, how were the boob jokes? Let's face it, they weren't exactly subtle. And what immature kid isn't going to get, or laugh at, something like that?
  16. G

Kinda looks like a bootleg Mario to me. Either that or a really high Mr. Peebles. Y'know, for the longest time, I've seen people calling that Kangaskhan episode out as one of the worst ever. What's up with that? I mean, it's not my favourite or anything, but there's so much weird, ie. funny...
  17. G

The mention of the 'Gizamimi Pichu' ending in the latest comparisson has got me interested in the Arceus movie guide you're working on, if only because I want to see some commentary on said character. Ooh, I do hope it's cynical and sarcastic!
  18. G

^ She was, though it was more or less the type of 'naked' you'd expect to see from something like a Sailor Moon transformation sequence. Her body was just a fairly simplistic outline.
  19. G

I love reading these old school episode comparissons and seeing all the cool references and parodies popping up every once in a while. Stuff like that adds a bit more flavour to the show, and I wish they'd do it a little more often. I don't have too many issues understanding them personally...
  20. G

What does everyone have against that Wailmer ep? Granted, it wasn't the greatest episode ever or anything, but it wasn't gut-wrenchingly bad. The Swinub one was pretty terrible, but damn. Those other episodes were quality through and through :/
Back
Top Bottom