Search results for query: *

1. Greninjaman

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That's why for Final Fantasy 12, I said you had to follow it for the most part. Yeah, you can make changes, but change too much and you have an original story.
  2. Greninjaman

I also agree that it makes sense to do a playthrough (I simply wasn't sure if it was a good idea, hence why I asked). Of course, I imagine that would depend on the game you are playing. Some are story heavy, others are not. The nice thing about Pokémon compared to other games (Like say Final...
  3. Greninjaman

Sorry for the double post. Let's say someone wants to write a fanfic based on a video game. Let's say... Pokémon Red Version. Would it make sense to do a playthrough of Pokémon Red with the intended team in order to gather ideas for the fanfic (which will come after the playthrough)?
  4. Greninjaman

If anyone is struggling with doing Character Development, remember this: It does not have to be a big grand life changing thing (like Cinderella going from a poor girl who is abused by her aunts [don't remember if they were her aunts or not] to becoming a princess). It can be as small as a...
  5. Greninjaman

You should make that thread honestly. Sure there might be a thread like that, but I imagine that if there was, it is ancient at this point.
  6. Greninjaman

Do you have stuff written down so that you will remember what you have in mind, right?
  7. Greninjaman

For anyone wanting to work on character development in stories but don't want to go too crazy, try this: Pick a phobia. Now write a story (short story or novel [doesn't matter]) based around your protagonist being forced to confront the phobia and eventually ending with not fearing the thing...
  8. Greninjaman

Question concerning egos: Can someone be heroic even though they have an ego?
  9. Greninjaman

@InfiniteBakuphoon I imagine that doing too many areas would also be a problem. You don't want to do too many areas, or you risk burning yourself out.
  10. Greninjaman

Why is proper in quotation marks?
  11. Greninjaman

I shall post a question here that I put on the other one when it was still up: How does one make writing a Pokémon Journey Fanfic easier to manage and handle?
  12. Greninjaman

Remember, you don't need to write a fanfic that is the length and scope of something like Lord of the Rings. It can be a short story (under 10,000 words) if you want. Sure, 10,000 words is still a lot, but it is manageable if you know what you are doing.
  13. Greninjaman

I do see how 1st person could work for a battle: It had already happened, and the narrator is simply talking about it.
  14. Greninjaman

I can imagine that the battles would be weird. May switch to third person limited for that?
  15. Greninjaman

I did that once with a store I did years ago. The prologue was in third person, while the rest of the story was in 1st person. Sadly, I no longer have the document for it. By the way, how hard/easy would it be to write a Pokémon journey fanfic in 1st person?
  16. Greninjaman

Probably seeing how much they really like those three.
  17. Greninjaman

Let's be real, that tends to happen after a while. I know, I've been a part of two other forums that have since been shut down and deleted.
  18. Greninjaman

What do you mean?
  19. Greninjaman

The whole Written Word section feels very quiet. I sometimes forget this section even exists.
  20. Greninjaman

In fact, the entire Written Word section could use more love.
Back
Top Bottom