• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I don't see how the constructive criticism of a dub by deeming it "wretched" or "xenophobic" is constructive, though, nor how it matters when the company has been dead for years now- not like they can change anything now, tbh. Also, one filler episode randomly taking place in the Seafoam Islands...
  2. GuyWhoTellsTruth

In Response to "#Kanto2017" being over, from a while back, just finished reading the comparisons... The only thing I'm surprised about at "Daily 4Kids dub bash camp while ignoring TPCi is still doing the same exact stuff you bash 4Kids for doing, be it similar kinds of script rewrites 11 years...
  3. GuyWhoTellsTruth

And to add to that, TPCi still removes every instance of actual Japanese text since XY to the SM dub that isn't Tajirian to this day, so it's not any different today either in the English dub (and TPCi generally now does exactly the same things 4Kids was/is vilified for doing with regards to...
  4. GuyWhoTellsTruth

And that's fine, but my point is, you have said it all in "most of the fan base" not being represented on this site. That doesn't make everyone that is not here an ignorant fool blind to the faults of the 4Kids Era, so to speak, but maybe those people have legitimate reasons for that opinion as...
  5. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Then it's fair: I had you guys pegged wrong, my bad, but it just felt to me like people are forgetting the current dub still does its own dumb things these days with the script, so I wanted to point that out- it hasn't changed, so to speak.
  6. GuyWhoTellsTruth

He seemed to hate 4Kids dub to me, from the way he speaks about it, or at least that's the impression I was getting from him- if that's not the case, then I apologize, but I simply don't like it when he turns the other cheek when TPCi's dub is just as guilty of its own script rewrites (and not...
  7. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I know that, which is why I'm questioning why he insists on being merciless as of late in his compares. And of course, TPCi can still do things like having Dawn say "You've just gotta keep on truckin'" or "I'm so psyched" which are script changes in the DP dub's first episode too among the...
  8. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I have looked at all of them, he left out tons and tons of changes TPCi made to the script in DP and BW, solely to say things like "I guess PUSA couldn't resist punching 4Kids in the gut!" as one example of his bias in "The Champ Twins!" You want another fact? He didn't review mid or late BW's...
  9. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I'm well aware of his hatred of TPCi's Team Rocket dialogue, but he fails to account for the fact Ash & co. also got their fair share of rewrites in the TPCi Era just like they did in the 4Kids Era- he glosses over all of that (see my link above) but pretends only 4Kids did it, and that's one of...
  10. GuyWhoTellsTruth

(1) Yes, that shows how poor his judgment is on voice acting, right there. He shouldn't say a word about someone's acting when he doesn't even get his facts straight. If he wanted to call someone's voice a chain-smoker, the only time that would even be justified would be with Sarah Natochenny or...
  11. GuyWhoTellsTruth

> Dogasu >"Objective" > "Usually" His opinion on Butch's dub voice: "Eric Stuart makes Butch sound like teh chain smoker!" The facts: Stuart has never smoked in his entire life, even said in an Interview he tried to stay away from any of that because it'd harm his voice if he did, thus his...
  12. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Oh man, another nostalgia retreading Movie after 20? I was hoping they'd go back to the regular Sun and Moon Movie format, so I hope this isn't the case. :(
  13. GuyWhoTellsTruth

1. That's fair, I'm just saying, I can hear a clear difference: I can hear traces of her Seymour to be fair, but the timbre is deeper and this Oswald take has a psuedo German accent to it, Seymour was kind of unaccented in comparison. 2. Makes sense. 3. Fair again, but I'm just saying, this...
  14. GuyWhoTellsTruth

1) That's...just....stupid. :p How does (hypothetically speaking) reusing a voice for a COTD we'll never have to see again make it derivative? Plus, Oswald has a German style accent and is a bit deeper in tone, Seymour did not sound "exactly the same" at all. Not even close...Blaustein clearly...
  15. GuyWhoTellsTruth

And also, TPCi has used Tom Wayland and Marc Thompson a lot in DP and BW dubbed, not a 4Kids dub only thing with Lisa Ortiz in Johto (and in Hoenn, they got tons of new people on board). Thompson is still used a lot in the SM dub, too. Also Pokemon Origins has a lot of Cristina Vee and...
  16. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I don't agree: he's being harsher than ever on the 4Kids dub from what I'm seeing (although about half of the time I've agreed with his thoughts, half of the time disagreed entirely so far reading his Kanto compares- especially that recent comment on Haigney was pretty uncalled for, even his one...
  17. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I honestly agree with your analysis for the most part (there's a little bit of 4Kids era stuff I don't like, namely Princess v. Princess, Volcanic Panic to some degree, Battle of the Badge, M1-2 & some of Chronicles that being said, but the vast majority of 4Kids era dubbed material was...
  18. GuyWhoTellsTruth

That's fair, Dogasu, I think I had misunderstood you then: it's fine then, but I'm just saying, both dubs have similar flaws at the end of the day. Which one is better is down to personal opinion, but I feel there's a wide disparity between the two in certain areas (you're all well aware of my...
  19. GuyWhoTellsTruth

But the thing is, 4Kids didn't mess up all the time, that may be a popular view in this small minority faction of the entire fandom, but even reading Dogasu's later compares, I don't really see that many whole scenes rewritten in the 4Kids dub (I've read every review he's done regardless of how...
  20. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Sadly, I doubt it, they pretty much own the rights in the Western World to the dubbing by now. :(
Back
Top Bottom