Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

I don't know if I could have seen that working, mainly due to how Hop's screentime still might be too minimal for him to work effectively as a rival in the anime. I'd love to see Hop get more attention, but given his storyline and role in the game, I think he would have needed to be introduced...
  2. Hidden Mew

I assume that it's from players data mining the most recent update for Pokemon Go. It hasn't been mentioned on Serebii yet, so they haven't been officially announced for Pokemon Go yet. I don't know how well their designs will work in Pokemon Go considering how Giovanni looks.
  3. Hidden Mew

It is just mind boggling to me that SM had Giovanni aware of Necrozma and made Nanu his old friend, but never expanded upon these two points. Team Rocket attempted to get Necrozma, but that didn't really lead to the Team Rocket organization becoming a bigger threat. I wasn't expecting something...
  4. Hidden Mew

The reason was because he would be better able to care and heal Pokemon by becoming a Pokemon Doctor. It wasn't like that was the first time they established that profession either. Being an explorer would have most likely resulted in another vague goal like being the Top Breeder was. Being a...
  5. Hidden Mew

Having the anime go the Adventures/Special route where they replace the main lead with each series could have worked, but I'm not too surprised that they didn't go that route. They didn't adapt much of the Team Rocket storyline in the original games in the anime, so they were more limited on...
  6. Hidden Mew

It was a huge shame Ash never caught an Alolan form. I would have liked to see him with an Alolan Grimer, but an Alolan Sandshrew would have been pretty neat too.
  7. Hidden Mew

As cool as the concept of a Sky Battler sounded, I think it would have been difficult for that to be Serena's main goal. I think it would have been harder to incorporate different areas that made Sky Battles possible compared to just having different places for Showcases. It also wouldn't have...
  8. Hidden Mew

I think that was kind of the problem though. In a regular League, most of Ash's friends wouldn't have been able to advance through the preliminary round simply because they weren't experienced battlers. Lillie, Mallow, Sophocles and arguably Lana due to Sandy having little battle experience...
  9. Hidden Mew

That is a fair point. I just thought that was too light of a punishment for everything he did in the games, even if it was the worst fate imaginable from Faba's perspective. To be fair, I have an easier time believing that Faba could make it to the Top 16 than the bulk of Ash's friends...
  10. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure how Ash vs. Faba was redundant since they didn't have a proper battle before, but I wouldn't have been against giving Ash a different first opponent. Not only was the victory less satisfying because of Faba's attempted cheating backfiring on him, but I just think that Faba should...
  11. Hidden Mew

As nice as that would have been, I don't think that they would have given so many characters redesigns if they were just going to appear for a moment. It would have been too much work. They already had new designs for Misty and Brock and they appeared multiple times in SM, so having them watch...
  12. Hidden Mew

It's relatively minor, but I think not having Misty and Brock react to Ash winning the Alola League was a missed opportunity. They didn't have to be in the stadium or anything. They could have just given them a quick silent cameo, similar to what happened with Misty during the Hoenn League. It...
  13. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure if that's a missed opportunity so much as just not finding the Alola League particularly compelling, which I can understand and agree with to a certain point. I was pretty much fine with how Ash won. Using Counter against Counter was kind of weird, mainly because of how I kept...
  14. Hidden Mew

I didn't have a problem with Corsola, but I thought that Chinchou would have been a much better choice. It has a more unique and useful type combination and I thought that it was cuter too. Maybe they didn't want anyone else in the cast to have an Electric type considering that didn't happen...
  15. Hidden Mew

As sweet as it was to see Brock bonding with Stantler, I could see why he didn't capture it. They just did the whole temporary capture to return a young Pokemon to its group plot point with Lapras. It wouldn't have been exactly the same since Stantler wasn't abused, but it still might have been...
  16. Hidden Mew

I distinctly remember thinking that he was going to capture it when I first saw the episode as well. The general setup of gaining the trust and respect of a wild Pokemon just made me think that they were building up to a capture. Plus, I'm sure that I just wanted Ash to get a Houndour since I...
  17. Hidden Mew

In Sophocles' case, it did help that a good portion of his focused episodes revolved around Vikavolt. Togedemaru practically felt like an afterthought by comparison. I think that they were more limited with Mallow since most of her focused episodes centered on cooking and being a better chief...
  18. Hidden Mew

I didn't really mind how Mallow got her Z-Ring, but the whole notion that she would want to make food that people and Pokemon could enjoy in their restaurant really should have been her goal from the start instead of something she learned through her own Trial of shorts. One of the big issues I...
  19. Hidden Mew

The Malamar plot was really weird. At first, I thought it would either be just a one off filler episode or setup for Team Flare, but it was kind of neither. I think that they teleported into the future, unless that was something that the dub added, but since they bothered to bring it back a...
  20. Hidden Mew

I think that was a common theory about Ash's Charizard. We learned about Mega Charizard X and Y around the time it came back. It still did virtually nothing during BW, but a lot of fans thought that they were bringing Charizard back to Professor Oak's lab so that he could have easier access to...
Back
Top Bottom