Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't remember TV Tokyo promising a trip to Hawaii for those who guessed who was going to win the Alola League. Considering that this was Ash's first major victory in over a decade, I don't think that news outlets reporting on it was that bad or out of touch. I've often said that the Alola...
  2. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't think that they would have had any characters trying to negate Ash's Alola League. While I agree that winning a Pokemon League on easy mode doesn't really make Ash a Champion level trainer, there's no way that the writes would have tried to negate that victory in-universe. Even if they...
  3. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't know. I remember girls having crushes earlier than ten when I was little, so I don't think it's out of the ordinary. I think that calling Serena's crush on Ash a love story is overselling it a bit. It was more of a gimmick to make her stand out rather than a major storyline or subplot in...
  4. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Considering how most series tend to have three main characters for the cast, it feels kind of weird to say that three child trainers is too little for the main cast in Horizons. It might feel smaller given the size of the adult supporting characters though.
  5. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

It's possible, but I have a hard time seeing May or Dawn being into Contest Spectaculars if they are basically just Showcases. Plus, I think Dawn only mentioned Contests, not Contest Spectaculars, so I assume that they're two different goals within the anime. Not really. Just because it was a...
  6. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

That still doesn't explain your opinion about how May was a better Coordinator. Dawn at least came pretty close to winning a Grand Festival while May has not. Considering that we only saw a couple of brief scenes with May in her OR/AS Contest outfit, I think that's a pretty strange conclusion to...
  7. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't think that means May was a better Coordinator though, especially when Dawn's losing streak was an important part of her storyline. It wasn't just to make her look weak, but to show her flaws in her combinations and to learn how to handle her defeats. Plus, May could have lost a few more...
  8. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I can understand finding Dawn to be overrated, but I don't really see how May is a better coordinator. Dawn at least got to the finals of a Grand Festival, something that May wasn't able to do as far as we know.
  9. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I can understand your point since both May and Serena came off as having different personalities after traveling on their own. However, I wouldn't really say that having new Pokemon was just icing on the cake. That was physical proof of how they had been working towards their goals off-screen...
  10. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I wouldn't really say that Alain is one of Ash's closest friends. They're friends, but considering that he hadn't been seen or mentioned since the end of XY, I think that would have been difficult to make their battle have any emotional weigh to it. I don't think that Ash and Iris's connection...
  11. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I think that the fact that Chloe becomes a research partner is a sign that she's changed. She went from feeling indifferent towards Pokemon, slowly becoming more interested in them over the course of Journeys' first year and then becoming a trainer when she bonded with Eevee. Now I'm not saying...
  12. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Interestingly enough, I remember reading a similar comment here about Journeys back when it was airing. It might have been more about how there was less focus on the Pokemon themselves since outside of capture or evolution episodes, most of the Pokemon didn't get much attention. Horizons...
  13. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

On one hand, I can understand why they'd want to have Liko and Roy be less battle active. Not just to make them more distinct from Ash, but after the Master Class tournament, they probably didn't want to jump right into a badge collecting journey with new protagonists. But on the other hand...
  14. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I can't really comment on Horizons itself, but I do hope that we'll eventually go back to traveling through a single region. Not having the traveling aspect in SM was a heavy loss, but arguably it still worked out, or at the very least it felt justified due to the larger cast. They couldn't...
  15. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I can't really judge Horizons itself, but I don't agree with that notion about the previous series. If you were talking about the original series, there might be more merit to it, but the idea that the anime had way too much filler doesn't really make sense to me. It can definitely be formulaic...
  16. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

You're welcome. I'm glad that you're feeling better. As bad as Pikachu going from beating Regice and then tying with a Magikarp sounds on paper, I would still say it isn't as bad as Ash defeating the embodiment of time and space with Dialga or Palika. I also didn't really find that battle...
  17. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I hope that you're feeling better. I think that being a weekly series would prevent something like capturing/defeating the box Legendary Pokemon. At the very least, I think it would have brought in some pretty major issues if they had done something like that. It would make it much harder to...
  18. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I think that there are some major differences between what a video game and a weekly anime series is allowed to do story wise and with their protagonist too. They are two different mediums, so I think that is an important detail to keep in mind. I know that people complained about Ash losing...
  19. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

While that is possible, I kind of doubt it. I don't think that Paul would be interested in raising an Azuril or Maril into a Azumarill. If he had been raising it for awhile, I think it probably would have done better against Roark than it did.
  20. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Giving Azumarill to another trainer was a pretty noteworthy improvement over just releasing it. I'm not sure why they didn't have Paul doing something like that again, aside from probably still figuring out his character and making his methods more distinct from Ash's. It was still pretty harsh...
Back
Top Bottom