• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

I really like having the movies set in their own continuity. Both I Choose You and The Power of Us felt quite refreshing partly because they didn't have to fit within the regular anime continuity. They could just do whatever they wanted to do for those movies and I really appreciated that. I...
  2. Hidden Mew

I don't know about casual fans, but I've seen more positive reactions to this movie on other sites. I think I've read a few Japanese tweets that were positive/excited to see the movie in theaters too. I don't recall too that much backlash towards Misty and Brock's redesigns for their first SM...
  3. Hidden Mew

I'm kind of surprised that there's so much backlash towards the CGI itself. I can understand not liking how the human characters look. They do look kind of plastic and I think Misty's eyes look a bit too long in CGI oddly enough, but the Pokemon models look perfectly fine. They add in some...
  4. Hidden Mew

I really doubt that they would have gone for a SM/Alola themed movie even if they didn't remake the first movie. Since they didn't do a SM movie even after I Choose You, the chances were pretty good that they would still do something different for this movie. Plus, I'm not sure what they could...
  5. Hidden Mew

I think that the human designs work a bit better in motion. Or at least they come off a bit more expressive than I thought that they would. We didn't see much of the Team Rocket trio though. The Pokemon still look much better in CGI by comparison, but it might look better once I see the movie.
  6. Hidden Mew

The Pokemon do look pretty great in CGI. I especially like how you can see the fur on Vulpix there, as well as in the trailer with Meowth. It adds a bit of realism without straying too far away from their original designs. Plus, the Pokemon designs probably translate better to CGI than the human...
  7. Hidden Mew

I don't think that the SM cast had much of a chance for their own movie to begin with. If they decided to make The Power of Us instead of a movie set in SM when the anime wasn't celebrating its own 20th anniversary, then I don't think that they would have done that for this movie even if they...
  8. Hidden Mew

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in Misty and Brock being in the movie, at least based on the reactions I've see thus far in this thread. More people seem too turned off by the human characters' CGI designs to get excited that they're included in a new movie. Although, that is a good...
  9. Hidden Mew

Since Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis live in California, I don't think that they'd go out of their way to bring them back for the movie when they have voice actors in New York for the roles. Eric Stuart seems to be more focused on his music more so than voice acting too. I like the 4Kids dub...
  10. Hidden Mew

I would hope that they do more with the eighth generation than that for this movie. A new Pokemon could stand out during the clone fight depending on how they incorporate it into the storyline. And is Armored Mewtwo actually confirmed? I heard a bit of rumors about something called Armored...
  11. Hidden Mew

I'm actually kind of surprised that people are excited over Misty and Brock being in the movie. Putting aside the art style for the moment, I thought that people would be thrilled to see them featured in a new movie. There was so much backlash towards Movie 20 when they weren't included, which...
  12. Hidden Mew

While I can understand expecting something more after they hyped up the first trailer, this is still a teaser trailer. We usually don't get much footage or insight into the film from the first trailer. That's pretty typical of these first trailers. I don't think we get more insight into the...
  13. Hidden Mew

I actually like Ash's SM design. It helps to make him a lot more expressive and capture his upbeat attitude quite nicely. I just don't know how well his design will transfer to a CGI model. I think that those situations are a bit different though. Ash is the main character, while Misty and...
  14. Hidden Mew

That would be a surprising twist, but I doubt it. Ash is the main character and has been featured in every movie. Even with the previous movie featuring a large cast, Ash still had a pretty prominent role, so I'm pretty sure that Ash will still be in the movie. I just don't know how he'll look...
  15. Hidden Mew

Even with the script credit given, I don't know if it's that likely for this movie to be a remake of the first movie. People thought that the previous two movies would be retellings of the first season and the second movie respectively, but that clearly didn't happen. Granted, there is a bit...
  16. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure how I'll feel if the movie is completely CGI. The Pokemon characters will look fine, but I don't know how some of the human designs will carry over to CGI, especially Ash. Plus, I really love the detailed 2D animation in the Pokemon movies. The scenery and animation for the past two...
  17. Hidden Mew

I thought that they normally don't reveal a teaser trailer until February or March, but I might be mixing that up with the second poster reveal. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't allowed to provide more details about the movie at this point because of any eighth generation...
Back
Top Bottom