Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Keep in mind that these poster was leaked rather than officially revealed. Hiding other main characters in official posters isn't really new either. The first DP poster only showed Dawn, which made fans think that Ash was going to be replaced. Another poster showed Ash, Dawn and Paul, which made...
  2. Hidden Mew

I'm both surprised and not surprised that people really think that Ash could be replaced after winning the Alola League. On one hand, plenty of fans have wanted Ash to be replaced for ages and since he hasn't won a game related region League before hand, a lot of fans think that winning a League...
  3. Hidden Mew

It seems like a bit of a conclusion to jump to. At least Alola Vulpix and Sylveon could easily be shown due to their own popularity.
  4. Hidden Mew

I didn't think that today's announcement would help with any speculation on the anime. I was hoping that we'd see the starter evolved forms, which might have given a better idea as to which one could be caught by Ash, but that didn't happen. I like the new Pokemon we got though. Cramorant in...
  5. Hidden Mew

I think that the statement was made by a former director over ten years ago. I don't think that they said that Ash would be a Pokemon Master if he wins a League. I think that is more of a notion from the fanbase mixed in with the director's interview. At the end of DP, Ash said that winning a...
  6. Hidden Mew

I do like the idea of using some episodes to showcase what former traveling companions are doing in other regions every few episodes. I really don't think that they could handle a multiple casts covering different regions, but if the main focus was still on Ash's journey in Galar and episodes...
  7. Hidden Mew

Well that was disappointing. I'm not sure if it would have been worse if we didn't have the information leaked a few days ahead of time. The panic might have been more intense at least. Needless to say, this was not really worthy of a world exclusive announcement. It was indeed an announcement...
  8. Hidden Mew

Some of the posts, not just yours, have been acting like this is the end of the series and the franchise in general. Admittedly, that hasn't been uncommon for this generation in general, but it still seems like such a huge overreaction to me. Even with just going off from what we got from this...
  9. Hidden Mew

This fear of the main series ending in favor of a Pokemon Masters series is just so weird to me. There really isn't any reason for them to just stop making a main series and especially to not do a SWSH series. Masters has gotten more attention compared to their other mobile games, so the idea...
  10. Hidden Mew

I'd be pretty annoyed at just getting an announcement of an announcement on Sunday. That wouldn't be new for this franchise per say, but it isn't really something to be considered a world exclusive announcement either.
  11. Hidden Mew

I can see the comparisons with XY and AG, although I think it's inaccurate to say that they were trying to replicate it considering they weren't that similar. There really isn't anything remotely similar to DP in SM. I can't really say any other Pokemon series reminded me so much of a previous...
  12. Hidden Mew

Tracey was added because the creative team was afraid that Brock could be considered racist after the situation with Jynx. That was established years ago. The anime is focused on appealing to children, especially in Japan, but I think that they also recognize that the show has a global...
  13. Hidden Mew

I think that calling the XY group a cult is a pretty ridiculous exaggeration. They admire Ash skills, but they don't worship the ground he walks on. Not even Serena's admiration for him goes that far. Otherwise, she never would have been able to leave for Hoenn. That's true. They'd have to...
  14. Hidden Mew

I don't know about that. I don't think it would be unheard of to reveal new characters through the anime before showing them in gameplay footage. I can't recall if they've done that with the traveling companions before, but I remember Origins was where they first revealed Mega Charizard X. Since...
  15. Hidden Mew

To be clear, I didn't say that the SM cast is underdeveloped, although I do think that Mallow and Sophocles would fit that description. I just wouldn't say that they were handled overall well or at least would be examples of how to treat companion characters well in large part because they don't...
  16. Hidden Mew

If the series goes back to the traveling format, which it hopefully will, then there would have to be less companions in SWSH. One reason why I think that SM having a larger cast arguably worked was because they weren't traveling around Alola. They could have episodes where not everyone of Ash's...
  17. Hidden Mew

Were they really treated that well though? Aside from a couple like Lillie and Lana, most of the schoolmates didn't really have consistent focus throughout SM. Even Lillie might be a stretch considering how little she did between the Nebby arc and finding her father's Z-Ring. Despite my issues...
  18. Hidden Mew

That logic still makes no sense to me. Serena's crush never came off as the stereotype of France. That is such a huge stretch considering her crush had nothing to do with France and no, Kalos being inspired by France doesn't make Serena French. Telling fans of the pairing to get over it already...
  19. Hidden Mew

I doubt that they'd be able to make any changes that fast. Two months is a pretty short amount of time to fix up any of the early episodes of SWSH, especially the general premise. Not to mention I really don't think that they'd care about the initial reactions about the premise or art style...
  20. Hidden Mew

Yeah, I'm positive that they're going to reveal the SWSH anime series. I highly doubt that they'd show a preview of the last few episodes of SM and promote it as a world exclusive announcement. They wouldn't make a big deal about extended previews of upcoming SM episodes, especially when we have...
Back
Top Bottom