• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

It's okay. I just want to keep the thread as spoiler free as possible.
  2. Hidden Mew

Guys, please don't post unrevealed new Pokemon or information here. I know that the games are available in some parts of the world today, but some people aren't going to get the games until tomorrow and still want to avoid spoilers. Please keep the focus on the upcoming series.
  3. Hidden Mew

I'm not too sure if they're responsible for the movie situation, if only because there was seemingly no attempt to give it a limited release it in theaters. Disney XD wouldn't be involved with that. They could be more responsible for not airing the sneak peak of the new series by comparison, but...
  4. Hidden Mew

Well that's super disappointing. We've always gotten a sneak peek of a new series with the dub. Even if it doesn't directly promote Sword/Shield as much as the other games, it does feature new Pokemon, so you'd think that would be more than enough reason for them dub the series early. I've also...
  5. Hidden Mew

The new footage looks pretty cool. I still like Ash's new outfit and his interactions with Go so far look pretty fun. I still don't know how I feel about Go or his goal, but he seems likable at least. That high five with Scorbunny was just adorable. I also like Ash's reaction to seeing Yamper...
  6. Hidden Mew

Well we got the SM sneak peek on Disney XD to promote both the new series and Pokemon moving to the channel, so I doubt that they're uninterested in the sneak peek for this series. I'm also not sure if Disney XD is a factor in regards to the recent movie's dub, especially when they weren't able...
  7. Hidden Mew

Personally speaking, I'm just used to watching the dub. I like waking up to new episodes on Saturday mornings. Even though I'm familiar with most of the major events months before the dub gets to those points, I just find it kind of comforting in a way that I still watch new Pokemon episodes on...
  8. Hidden Mew

What article are you referring to? As interesting as Go being a non-binary character sounds, I just have a bit of a hard time believing that is the case. It just kind of reminds me of the brief debates over Go's gender before the poster was officially revealed more than anything else.
  9. Hidden Mew

Depending on the execution, I think going to different regions every once in awhile can work. I know that a lot of people expected mini arcs for each region and that could still happen, but I also think that setup could have made it harder to focus on Galar, as well as make it even easier to...
  10. Hidden Mew

It does seem kind of weird to go from Galar to Sinnoh to Johto, but that might be good in a way. As cool as the basic premise of traveling around different region sounds, I kind of want them to spend more time in Galar than in other regions. Spending a few episodes in other regions here and...
  11. Hidden Mew

I'm glad that they're going to go to the Galar region so soon. That is a promising sign. Hopefully they'll be able to feature the region frequently enough even with traveling to other regions. I'm also a bit surprised that Go may not capture Scorbunny until the fourth episode, but there might be...
  12. Hidden Mew

I don't know if I'd want Ash to get a fully team too early. It's usually better when he slowly builds his team since that gives them more potential screentime and development. I don't want them to wait until near the end of the series until he gets a full team though.
  13. Hidden Mew

Since the anime is meant to promote the games, that can influence the continuity. It might not have been a soft reboot exactly so much as that they just didn't want to make reference to that AG episode. It wouldn't have really fit with what they wanted Steven to do in XY and it wouldn't have...
  14. Hidden Mew

I appreciate that. It isn't easy to stay optimistic, or moderating for that matter. I remember that conversation as well. I was so certain that the school setting would just be a way to set up Ash's journey and that he wouldn't be that for too long. Clearly, that didn't happen. Admittedly, the...
  15. Hidden Mew

Well, I don't think it would be that much weirder than multiple other characters just turning ten to start their journeys while Ash remains ten himself. I wouldn't really blame BW in this case. I recall some translation of some promotional AG information or details from its website stating that...
  16. Hidden Mew

Time in the Pokemon anime is weird, but I don't think that keeping Ash ten is meant to imply that all of the previous series have happened within less than a year in-universe. The events of the previous series still happen even with Ash still being ten. Time does pass in the anime, but no one...
  17. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure how stressing that Ash is ten means that they aren't interested in acknowledging his past accomplishments. They want to keep him ten to be appealing to kids, but that detail in itself doesn't mean that they'll brush aside everything he's done in previous series. The idea that...
  18. Hidden Mew

I don't think that it's absolutely guaranteed for them to run into previous traveling companions, but it might be at least somewhat plausible given the setup and how most of them are traveling around different regions anyway. It might be more likely depending on which areas they arrive to in...
  19. Hidden Mew

That's what I keep wondering about myself. She may still play a key role without traveling, but I don't know what she could do when she's described as Go's childhood friend who goes to school. It just seems like such a weird and questionable choice to just have her on the sidelines while the...
  20. Hidden Mew

Ah, I wasn't sure if that was from someone else, but that makes a bit more sense. I can understand thinking that future generations will be arcs as opposed to separate series based on this title. I just think it might be too early to assume that they are going to do that. I think a big reason...
Back
Top Bottom