Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

Admittedly, I can't really judge the Alola League yet. Despite hearing most major events online as the Japanese version airs, I still prefer to watch the dub instead. I can understand being frustrated at the SM cast getting that far in the Alola League since aside from Kiawe, battling isn't...
  2. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

The point I was making was that Emolga being a lazy battler who would rather just Volt Switch out of a battle to eat wasn't really a challenge for Iris to overcome. She was able to just tell Emolga not to do it because otherwise they'd be disqualified from the Club Battle tournament and that was...
  3. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

Honestly, the whole Dragonite disobeying Iris subplot felt kind of pointless to me. All it did was give her more undeserved victories, which admittedly were pretty common with all of those Club Battle tournaments too, and instead of trying to understand the root of the problem like what happened...
  4. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

I don't think anyone thinks that Iris was the only main character who was a brat. That's pretty much why a lot of fans hate Max too. OS Ash definitely came off as immature and Misty was childish too. While I don't like Iris or Max, calling them demons is pretty harsh and kind of weird. A...
  5. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

I'm not sure if the people who dislike SM aren't too active here anymore, if only because it isn't uncommon to see people dislike SM here, but it's definitely possible that it is less so compared to earlier in the series run. SM being a different type of show compared to the other series and BW...
  6. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

Most of the complaints I've seen about BW here aren't just centered on a few episodes. I also don't think that the Alola League has been considered a highlight for a lot of people who prefer SM either. Admittedly, it does seem to have a much more positive reception than I thought it would when...
  7. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

I'm not sure what you mean by trophy on the escalator. I'm still not so sure about that. Maybe I'm just too focused in on how BW was received here throughout its run, but I don't think it was particularly popular compared to other series even before the Unova League happened. That's why I...
  8. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

I don't remember people saying that BW was the worst series only after the League. There was a lot of negativity towards BW from pretty much the moment Ash lost to Trip. Ash losing to Cameron certainly didn't help matters, but the reception here was pretty bad well before the Unova League, so I...
  9. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

Really? I haven't noticed that myself. The general reception towards a league usually matches with how fans react to its specific series. At best, it's considered a highlight of a series, but I don't think it makes or breaks a series' overall popularity. The Kalos League had a more mixed to...
  10. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

I don't know about that. While Ash winning the Alola League probably made some fans happier with SM, I don't think that was the only reason people are choosing it over BW. I don't think it would have taken away half of the SM votes if Ash had lost instead simply because SM generally has a better...
  11. Hidden Mew

BW or SM?

Even though they both have their fair share of flaws, SM has been far more enjoyable for me than BW ever was. I like Ash's upbeat personality and the group chemistry with the main cast is pretty good, despite how some of the characters are dull individually to me. The family dynamic between Ash...
Back
Top Bottom