Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Mr. Mime belongs to Ash according to the official twitter?

At least there was an episode devoted to Lapras where they developed their bond. It was technically caught off-screen, but it wasn't random or forced like the notion that Ash caught Mr. Mime is.
  2. Hidden Mew

Admittedly, it would be still kind of weird to see a different Mr. Mime with Team Rocket after it had been associated with Delia for so long, but since Mime Jr. was adorable and had a sweet relationship with James, I would have been happy to see it return. It also would have felt potentially...
  3. Hidden Mew

It would still feel less random for Ash to have a new Mr. Mime as opposed to just using Mimey. The lack of training still might be an issue, although not specific to Mr. Mime in that case, but the real problem most people have with this decision is just how sudden and weird this retcon is to...
  4. Hidden Mew

Even with other Japanese sources on this topic, it still doesn't make sense to me. If Mr. Mime has been considered Ash's Pokemon for years, they never made that clear within the anime itself for over two decades. Ash never really had any noticeable interactions with Mr. Mime, never showed any...
  5. Hidden Mew

Catching a new Mr. Mime would have been better. At least it would have been a weird retcon seemingly done so that Ash didn't have to catch a new Pokemon before Dragonite or rely on one of his reserves. If they did change Mr. Mime's personality and make it more of a strong battler, then it isn't...
  6. Hidden Mew

I don't remember that either. Although, the other details from Pokemon Heisei History sound more familiar to me now, particularly with remembering Seaking, Raticate and somehow not including Noctowl. I just find it more baffling and confusing than anything else. They've never really had any...
  7. Hidden Mew

That's strange. I honestly don't remember hearing that before. If they considered Mr. Mime one of Ash's Pokemon before PM, then that makes it even more confusing. It still seems like a weird retcon. The notion that they wouldn't want to make it clear that Ash caught Mr. Mime for over twenty...
  8. Hidden Mew

Did people believe that Mr. Mime was Ash's Pokemon before PM? I don't think I've heard it come up before this Twitter post was made. I thought that most people assumed that Delia caught it or it just hung around her without being technically caught akin to Meowth with Jessie and James. Those...
  9. Hidden Mew

Has Galarian Mr. Mime shown up yet? I'm not sure if that is the intent with including Mr. Mime here. They didn't really do much with the two Vulpix in SM, but they were introduced together at least.
  10. Hidden Mew

I'm pretty sure that preschool age group would be between three to five years old. I'm not sure if that's different for Japan, but that's typically the age range for most preschool shows in the U.S. at least. While Pokemon is aimed at kids, I don't think that their target audience is that young...
  11. Hidden Mew

I'm apparently not being clear here. That isn't what I'm implying. I'm not quite sure how you got that impression when I said that One Piece and Pokemon are two different kind of series. I am saying that they are both seen as kid shows in Japan, but that does not mean that they both have the...
  12. Hidden Mew

That doesn't really make much sense considering that One Piece is still aimed at kids in Japan. It's targeted towards older teens and adults in the west, but Japan generally allows for a lot more violence and blood in their kid shows than what the U.S. would find acceptable. It's also weird to...
  13. Hidden Mew

I still think it's a stretch to call Mr. Mime a family Pokemon when it showed no interest to Ash all this time. Mr. Mime isn't Delia's property, but it would have been good to actually show Ash becoming Mr. Mime trainer instead of making a retcon. Or at least make it clear that Delia gave Ash...
  14. Hidden Mew

While that is generally true, although I'm positive that the target audience is supposed to be around grade school instead of just preschool, I think that kind of misses the point. Sure, it won't be that confusing for kids who are watching the anime for the first time, but I don't think it would...
  15. Hidden Mew

It wasn't really a family Pokemon. Mr. Mime barely interacted with Ash after the original series and was always seen as basically Delia's Pokemon. I don't think it would be easy for people to just roll with it after Mr. Mime had been associated with Delia for over twenty years. It would have...
  16. Hidden Mew

I don't know how leaving them behind was unsettling. At least they can keep Professor Kukui and Burnet company and I'm not sure if leaving them at Professor Oak's lab like all of his other Pokemon would have been that much better.
  17. Hidden Mew

I wouldn't think that Mr. Mime was a kind of Pokemon to fit with Ash to begin with. Admittedly, being associated with Delia for years didn't help matters either, but I think that there would be plenty of other Psychic and possibly Fairy types that would fit with Ash more so than Mr. Mime does. I...
  18. Hidden Mew

At least we actually saw that Clemont caught Dedenne specifically for Bonnie because she wanted it. There wasn't anything like that for Mr. Mime and it would be even weirder since Delia would be more than old enough to have her own Pokemon. Besides that, I always thought it was strange that...
  19. Hidden Mew

Oh yeah. I forgot about how Mr. Mime ignored Ash's orders during its first few episodes. It kind of makes the decision to seemingly make it Ash's Pokemon more of a strange retcon with moments like that in mind.
  20. Hidden Mew

I don't know about that. We've seen other characters with their own Pokemon despite not really considering themselves trainers. Plus, there was no indication that Ash caught Mr. Mime for his mother. I just assumed that either Delia caught it or it just chose to stay with her without being caught...
Back
Top Bottom