Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

For the record, my intent was not to paint you as a bully, so for what it's worth, I do apologize for that. The tone of your initial reaction did come off as rude or bit too confrontational since I was ultimately agreeing with you on the subject of legal subs. That might not have been your...
  2. Hidden Mew

Interestingly enough, that's pretty similar to how I feel about how Konami Cross Media handles the Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs. Why wait a year or two the see the newest series in English when I can watch subs now? It's made worse when the dub is pretty much a series behind Japan at this point too. TPCI dub...
  3. Hidden Mew

It can't. Simuldubbing a seasonal anime is much different than simuldubbing a series that airs new episodes pretty much every week. That would be too difficult for the dub crew to handle, so it isn't an option.
  4. Hidden Mew

If you read my post, I said that the dub discussions here were already minimal before Netflix started to release the series. That method obviously isn't helping the matter, but dub threads for the last couple of series have been pretty barren. There are usually pages of discussions for the...
  5. Hidden Mew

As far as the dub threads here goes, they have been pretty barren before Journeys too. There might have been more discussion for some of the major episodes, but most of the discussion was focused on any edits or changes from the Japanese version more so than anything else since at least XY. The...
  6. Hidden Mew

How is saying "Having official subs to go with the dub would be pretty neat though." a poorly worded statement? I'm not saying that legal subs would be a nice bonus or an extra treat. That was the wrong assumption to take from my statement. I'm saying that having legal subs would be neat, which...
  7. Hidden Mew

Admittedly, I don't venture too far into Twitter when it comes to the anime, but most discussion I do see about it on social media is mostly focused on the Japanese version. The dub comes up, but not as much and mostly just as comparisons or to see how people react to voices or certain lines. I...
  8. Hidden Mew

I could have sworn that Hulu also releases the majority of the shows with the seasonal format, but I could be mixing that up with just some of their original shows instead. Disney+ is the only streaming service that I've heard of that does the weekly release format instead and even then, I heard...
  9. Hidden Mew

I suppose that is possible, but if Warner Bros wanted to keep Pokemon around, they probably would have either kept distributing the movies or made sure that Cartoon Network kept airing the series instead. It would still potentially help make their new streaming service stand out and I agree that...
  10. Hidden Mew

That would be an odd move. I don't really see it happening, especially when they'd probably be more interested in getting more original material to get their new streaming service off the ground. At the moment, I think Hulu is the only other streaming service that I could see picking up the...
  11. Hidden Mew

I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner to be honest. They still air SM reruns on Disney XD and occasionally air some of the movies from time to time, but they obviously haven't been interested in the series for nearly a year and having previous seasons on their VOD despite not keeping the...
  12. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure where it could go, at least as far as the U.S. goes. Cartoon Network and Disney XD obviously aren't going to pick up the series again. Nicktoons would be far in a way worse than Netflix. Given the TV landscape and how streaming is becoming more mainstream, I don't know what TV...
  13. Hidden Mew

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't have a few extra episodes for the last chuck of the season myself. At least the next season will start off with Chloe getting Eevee, so that's neat. I don't know if they'll get the previous series, but getting the other movies sounds possible. I'm a bit...
  14. Hidden Mew

That seems a bit unlikely when they just bought Crunchyroll recently. Not to mention I'm not sure why Sony hypothetically owning Netflix would mean that Nintendo related content would be gone, especially when they aren't involved with the Pokemon anime either.
  15. Hidden Mew

That's pretty unlikely given that Journeys is given the Netflix originals label. Both the series and the Mewtwo remake seem to be doing well for Netflix, so I can't see them letting Disney+ get a hold of the series. If Disney wanted to keep the anime for their own streaming service, then that...
  16. Hidden Mew

If they are recording at studios again, I really hope that they're taking safety measures. Neither New York or LA are in the best shape right now. I don't live near LA, but I do live in California. I can safely say that things have not gotten any better here and it might not for quite some time...
  17. Hidden Mew

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that they were able to get the next batch of episodes ready for September too. I thought that it might be delayed, especially when I assume that the LA and New York voice actors are all recording from their homes at this point, and that would have been completely...
  18. Hidden Mew

I don't know about that. It would obviously be beneficial for Netflix since more episodes would premiere on their platform and would make more people willing to sign up for an account to watch it. But would they have that kind of power? I don't think that they could limit how many episodes...
  19. Hidden Mew

I'm still really curious what Disney XD is planning on doing with the series. Netflix has the rights to air this series, but I wonder if they're still planning on airing the other seasons for reruns. I say this in part because of how they still update episodes on their On Demand section and the...
  20. Hidden Mew

I guess I'll have to look into those as well. Hopefully it won't be too expensive or involve a lot of programming to connect it since I don't have a smart TV. I enjoy binge watching, but I usually don't watch more than one or two episodes of a show per day. Sometimes it's more if I'm really...
Back
Top Bottom