Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

The English dub is being released too slowly to be an effective promotional tool in 2020

I suppose so given that Funimation has a simulcast dub for at least one on-going series on top of their seasonal simulcast dubs. I'm just not sure if I could see TPCI going down that route not only because of it being so expensive, but also because they'd be going pretty far to keep the dub...
  2. Hidden Mew

The English dub is being released too slowly to be an effective promotional tool in 2020

Admittedly, I still don't see the simuldub format working for a long running series like Pokemon. That's usually given to seasonal shows and I think it might be too overwhelming for the production team to handle. A simulcast sub on the other hand would be much more of a possibility by...
  3. Hidden Mew

Not really. The uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs didn't flop, or at least I don't think that there was any hard sales data for them to indicate that they sold poorly. They stopped releasing them because of legal issues over Yugi's Japanese voice actor, or more specifically the agency for his voice actor...
  4. Hidden Mew

While not getting a sneak peak of PM is disappointing, I don't know if that necessarily is a red flag for the dub's advertising. They most likely didn't have a sneak peak because the first two episodes don't really promote Sword/Shield. Taking so long to release the Mewtwo remake is more...
  5. Hidden Mew

Not every anime series has a simuldub and I still think that it wouldn't be a viable option for Pokemon. Each series goes on for well over a hundred episodes with little breaks during its run. Most simuldubs are between thirteen and twenty-six episodes. Even series like My Hero Academia have...
  6. Hidden Mew

I still think that the weirdest part about the English marketing was that article on the official website describing all of Ash's defeats and downplaying all of his previous accomplishments. If it wasn't on the official Pokemon website, I honestly would have expected that it was written by a fan...
Back
Top Bottom