• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

World Championships in the anime

I don't see why he has to learn the basics of battling in the World Championship when there are other ways he could do it. As much as I'd prefer for Ash to battle the Galar Gym leaders instead, I'd be okay with Gou taking on the Galar Gym Challenge instead if it meant that we got to see more of...
  2. Hidden Mew

I don't think that would be a good place for a rookie trainer to start getting into battling though. Even though the rankings don't seem to take previous accomplishments into account, he'd still be facing off against strong trainers all across the world. Gou has a lot of Pokemon, but that...
  3. Hidden Mew

Has Gou even showed that much interest in battling? I was under the impression that he's still primarily catching new Pokemon nearly every episode. If that is the case, then I don't think he'll take part in the World Championship, let alone actually defeat Leon instead of Ash.
  4. Hidden Mew

As cool as the idea of Ash having rematches with other Kanto Gym Leaders sound, I really hope that they'll have him battle against the Galar Gym Leaders too. Getting a chance to have proper battles with other Gym Leaders or meeting characters that didn't get a proper appearance sounds cool, but...
  5. Hidden Mew

Considering that they've had Ash go back to a normal badge quest after defeating Legendary Pokemon and reached high ranks in previous Pokemon Leagues, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for them to go back to that after introducing the World Championship. Maybe not extremely likely...
  6. Hidden Mew

I don't know if I can see them keeping to the World Championship concept for that long. That would potentially make Ash defeating other highly skilled trainers and Champions more believable, but considering that his goal is to defeat Leon, I'm not sure if they'll keep the goal beyond this...
  7. Hidden Mew

I doubt it for multiple reasons. After being the main lead for over twenty years, I don't think that they could replace Ash, even if they aren't sure where to take him next. He's just too iconic and marketable for the anime. Giving another character a Pikachu would also potentially make the...
  8. Hidden Mew

Yeah, I have a hard time believing Ash could become stronger than all of the Champions. Not only because of the issue of where they'd take him for the next series, but primarily because I don't know if they could make him that strong in a believable fashion. Ash is a good trainer and he has...
  9. Hidden Mew

The idea of using this tournament as a chance to run into older characters and rivals does sound really cool, but I wouldn't bet any money on it happening right now. The anime generally doesn't seem that interested in revisiting older characters. It isn't impossible. I don't think anyone...
Back
Top Bottom