Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Would You Have Preferred Pokemon: Sword and Shield The Series Over Journeys?

As sad as it sounds, I'm kind of glad that they didn't force Hop into Journeys. I love Hop, but they could not do his storyline justice without the Galar Gym Challenge, Bede and his role in the Darkest Day arc. I do think Goh being the second hero alongside Ash works with how the anime adapted...
  2. Hidden Mew

While that's true, I think having the Galar Gym Leaders in the PWC would have been preferable. I think that their appearances would be potentially more memorable as opponents for Ash. It also just seems like such a waste for Ash to not battle all of these new Gym Leaders, especially when a good...
  3. Hidden Mew

It really is baffling to me that they didn't have more Galar Gym Leaders in the PWC. You'd think that more than two Gym Leaders from Galar would be interested in battling Leon. I would have greatly preferred seeing Ash battling them as opposed to battling random one shot trainers both on and...
  4. Hidden Mew

Considering how often PWC battles have been basically footnotes in other episodes, I have a really hard time seeing it as the main plot point of the series. The PWC isn't quite on the level of being an afterthought as the Island Challenge was, at least not yet. It is Ash's main goal and they...
  5. Hidden Mew

The notion that the previous anime series had so much filler is just strange to me. Aside from Johto, most arcs and series aren't really that filler heavy. Not to mention the idea that nothing happened between Ash's Gym battles is a huge exaggeration and disservice to the storylines that other...
  6. Hidden Mew

I never understood the notion that Journeys is based off Pokemon Go. I can see why people initially came to that conclusion with Goh's name and the way he captures Pokemon, but based on what I've seen of the series, saying that it's based on Pokemon Go is a pretty huge exaggeration. Aside from...
  7. Hidden Mew

Wouldn't that also apply to Ash though? Ash has a Dynamax band, has already Gigatamaxed Pikachu, could potentially get a Gigatamax Gengar too and would be in Galar more over the course of the series to use Gigatamax forms. It would also fit more naturally for Ash to get multiple Gigatamax...
  8. Hidden Mew

I don't really see how Goh can use Grookey in a more meaningful way. Even if he is getting more used to battling and becoming a better trainer, Ash still battles more often and would be potentially able to give Grookey more experience to make evolving it into Rillaboom believable. Giving Goh all...
  9. Hidden Mew

I can't really see how Rillaboom would fit with Goh that much more with Ash. I'm not really sure if I could see him with an Inteleon either, but that might work more depending on what plans they have for Sobble down the road. Grookey isn't just some monkey. It's one of the newest starter...
  10. Hidden Mew

Why doesn't he have the time to actually raise a Pokemon? Assuming that he does end up getting to the Master Class rank, that most likely is going to be near the end of the series, so there would be enough time to raise a Grookey into a Rillaboom. It isn't like they're avoiding inexperience...
  11. Hidden Mew

I don't see why the writers would consider Ash too good for starters. They're obviously handling the starters differently in Journeys than they have with other series. The notion of Goh already having a Cinderace less than a year into the series' run would have been unthinkable when they first...
  12. Hidden Mew

There was already Korrina to showcase Mega Lucario. Plus, they weren't interested in giving Ash a proper Mega Pokemon during XY, which is why Ash-Greninja happened. I was talking about how my ideal solution would be for Ash to still get a Lucario and make it marketing relevant in a more...
  13. Hidden Mew

It's hard for me to see the formula being stale when like I mentioned before, each series was still pretty distinct from each other. Going in a new direction isn't necessarily bad, but that doesn't necessarily make it better than the traditional formula either. Change for the shake of it can...
  14. Hidden Mew

I don't think that the PWC was a necessity. The Alola League wasn't a factor as to why Ash decided to enter the PWC, it hasn't even been mentioned as far as I'm aware of and the PWC is open for anyone to enter. It was most likely the out-of universe reason for the writers to not go back to the...
  15. Hidden Mew

I wasn't trying to direct that comment towards your post. I've just seen other comments where people say that every other series was the same prior to SM because they used the more traditional Gym quest formula. The Elite 4 level was mostly based on how the Gym Leaders are treated and presented...
  16. Hidden Mew

In a way, yes, but it isn't because I dislike Journeys. I can't judge the entire series thus far, but what I have seen has been pretty enjoyable. I like the dynamic between Ash and Goh, Goh's bond with Raboot is wonderful, all of the capture episodes for Ash's team thus far have been solid and...
Back
Top Bottom