Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Review JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

I'm not sure how the episode felt like filler when Suicune will most likely come into play later on in the series. Goh caught it easily with a regular Pokeball because of how it was already so weak. Even after it got out of the Pokeball, it went for the closest hiding spot and collapsed from...
  2. Hidden Mew

I can understand not liking the execution behind Goh, but I still don't think the way he uses his Pokemon is akin to using them as tools. Nothing about him has really given off that impression to me, even in the earlier episodes where he first started his catching spree. While a lot of the...
  3. Hidden Mew

I think that's just too harsh of a way to look at Goh's capture method. It especially doesn't work in the context of this episode since Goh wasn't capturing Suicune for the dex entry. He wanted to get it away from the hunters as fast as possible and suffering from the poison made it more of an...
  4. Hidden Mew

I don't think that was the intent behind that line. I thought that Goh was referring to how just saying that he wasn't a Pokemon Hunter wouldn't mean anything to make Suicune trust him. It was already upset over being captured and was still injured, so it wouldn't just believe him automatically...
  5. Hidden Mew

Not really. I certainly don't think Goh's story is devaluing the previous series or storylines from other companions at least. It might be a bit too soon to give Goh a Legendary Pokemon, but with the events of the episode in mind, I think it worked. I don't think Goh is good at everything either...
  6. Hidden Mew

Ash still has Melmetal. I know that people debate over Mystical and Legendary Pokemon, but I've never seen Mythical Pokemon as anything but extra special Legendary Pokemon, so I'd say that Melmetal counts as Legendary Pokemon. This also isn't really a competition between Ash and Goh on who can...
  7. Hidden Mew

I'm pretty sure that it had to purify that water for quite a few times I don't remember if the hunters specifically mentioned how long they were polluting the lake to lure Suicune out, but it was definitely more than a couple of time. I think that using nets and ropes isn't really poor story...
  8. Hidden Mew

The fanbase believing that he was worthy of getting a Legendary was kind of what I was referring to before about fan interpretation. Ash's experiences had nothing to do with catching Meltan within SM, so bringing it in to kind of justify why he got it feels irrelevant, at least from an...
  9. Hidden Mew

Because I was too curious to wait for the dub, I decided to watch the episode today and I think that they handled the situation quite nicely. Goh catching Suicune was clearly out of desperation for its safety. They could have fought the hunters or broke the ropes around it, but that might have...
  10. Hidden Mew

Ash getting a Legendary Pokemon was not the result of his experience across seven regions though. He didn't even battle it. Meltan was caught primarily due to its friendship with Rowlet, along with a bit of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotion. I think that's a major problem with this comparison...
Back
Top Bottom