• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Ah, that makes more sense. I'm still not sure if they would go in that direction, mainly because it would still involve the anime looking down on the Alola League, but the public comparing Ash with the regional Champions would make more sense than the Champions themselves doing that. I don't...
  2. Hidden Mew

As interesting as the concept sounds, it would be really strange and out of character for the other Champions to treat Ash differently like that. Plus, I don't think that the series would look down on Ash winning the Alola League either.
  3. Hidden Mew

Ah, I misunderstood the vindication line since it came as talking down to people who disliked Iris before. My mistake. I can understand that. I love Goh and despite my complaints about Journeys, I do still want to enjoy it. I don't think that people shouldn't be allowed to describe what they...
  4. Hidden Mew

I was going to say that promoting Gary to Champion would be a jarring decision, but if they're fine with making Iris into a Champion off screen, then they could have easily done the same with Gary before confirming he was still a researcher. I'd still be okay with him becoming the new Viridian...
  5. Hidden Mew

That's not quite accurate. Ash loses plenty of time and doesn't get a rematch to win at least a good chuck of the time too. I understand what you're saying about how he's the main character, so there's usually a good chance for him to win by that virtue alone, but saying that every character in...
  6. Hidden Mew

As bad as it would be, Iris going through the Unova Elite Four with Axew's Deus Ex Machina moves would be way more fitting with her battling in BW than for Axew to suddenly evolve off screen. If the Goodra belongs to her, I wouldn't be shocked if she caught it fully evolved like with Dragonite...
  7. Hidden Mew

Yeah, I still firmly believe that the Alola League was set on easy mode. Winning a League that was mostly full of one-on-one battles where the vast majority of trainers weren't particularly skilled and only three other characters could do well in regular League besides Ash doesn't make the...
  8. Hidden Mew

Personally, I don't think that Goh was done dirty by the writers. There are valid issues with how he has been handled, but in my opinion, the excessive hate far outnumbers the valid criticism. To be fair, I think the same could have been said for Iris back during the peak of BW hate and I say...
  9. Hidden Mew

I really don't see Goh being worse than Iris. While I think that the hate towards Iris did get excessive back during BW, I also pretty much still stand by my opinions on her character during that series.
  10. Hidden Mew

I'd be kind of surprised if the match ends in a tie. I think that would probably be the most ideal outcome. They've been hyping up Iris' return and this battle for awhile, so giving both Ash and Iris a chance to shine instead of bringing Iris back just to lose to Ash would probably be good for...
  11. Hidden Mew

We don't know if that's the case for Gym Leaders in the anime though. It would be more believable than Iris going through the Unova League and Champion League by comparison, but it would still feel too forced for my tastes.
  12. Hidden Mew

I have mixed feelings on the notion of Iris becoming the Champion. On one hand, it would show how much she has grown off-screen since the end of her special. But on the other hand, I think that it would feel kind of forced. Within the context of the anime, she would have had to defeat eight Gym...
  13. Hidden Mew

Goh met Ash's SM classmates despite how none of them really relate to his goal, so I don't see why Iris would be any different. He's a new main character getting a chance to interact with an older one, which is one of the highlights of previous traveling companions making returns in the first...
  14. Hidden Mew

I figured that the Iris episode would come out sooner rather than later, but being just one episode off from what the fake episode led fans to believe was pretty surprising. A part of me still hopes that they'll make the battle a two parter, if only so that it won't be rushed or saved for the...
Back
Top Bottom