Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

It is kind of interesting that even the official Pokemon twitter account acknowledged the outcome. They were a bit more coy about the Alola League by comparison from what I remember, but here they straight up announced Ash winning the PWC.
  2. Hidden Mew

Honestly, while I am happy to see Dawn again and that she's cheering on Ash in person, I'm also glad that Chloe is there too. It still feels so bizarre to me that she didn't come to Galar to watch his matches alongside Goh. I know that she isn't into battles and she doesn't get much screentime...
  3. Hidden Mew

I'm not really sure what they could do during the rest of October if they aren't going to jump right into Ash vs. Leon. It wouldn't be impossible, but it feels like a lot left for them to cover at this point. If it is going to start in November, that could explain why we haven't heard anything...
  4. Hidden Mew

Honestly, I'm still not surprised that they didn't use Ash's reserves. While that would potentially make defeating Champion level trainers more believable and give some varieties to his battles too, I didn't think that they'd bring them in during the last stretch of the series. Putting aside how...
  5. Hidden Mew

I think it's more like the writers have put them on a high pedestal for years as opposed to people grossly overestimating how strong they are. It isn't just the battles themselves, but just how Elite 4 and Champion trainers were presented in general. Even before DP, Elite 4 members and Champions...
  6. Hidden Mew

I can't really judge the quality of the battles thus far, but I don't think that Cynthia should be invincible exactly. Given how her immense popularity, how Champions were treated as unbelievably strong prior to Journeys and I don't think Ash's Journeys team is really that strong despite getting...
  7. Hidden Mew

That would have been really cool, if only to have more acknowledgement of the Orange Islands' existence. I'm not too surprised that it didn't happen. Aside from the rare reminders of Tracey's existence and shots of the Orange Islands trophy, they don't really acknowledge that arc that often...
  8. Hidden Mew

I really didn't think that Steven was that popular among the Champions. Although, that would explain more of the hype around him when OR/AS came out and would provide another reason why XY made him look cooler aside from making up for his lackluster AG appearance.
  9. Hidden Mew

I was not expecting Ash vs Steven. That seemed a bit of a random choice, mainly due to how people were certain of Lance being one of his opponents. I kind of thought that Iris vs. Cynthia would happen, but in round two instead. I thought that they'd have her defeat Lance, show more of her...
  10. Hidden Mew

Personally, I don't see Iris lasting more than the first round. I could see her defeating someone like Lance to showcase that she has improved since her battle with Ash and then lose in the second round, most likely to Cynthia. I don't think Alder would have been a significant improvement...
  11. Hidden Mew

Admittedly, the idea of Tobias being in the Master Class is hilarious, but I wouldn't have wanted him in the tournament. They already have Alain to tease a possible rematch with Ash. As much as I dislike Alain, he had more personality and a bigger role than Tobias ever did. I also like his...
  12. Hidden Mew

That's how I always saw how time works in the Pokemon anime too. That doesn't mean that it makes sense or that it would make it more believable for Iris to become the Unova Champion between the end of BW and her appearance in Journeys. That's still a pretty huge amount of off-screen development...
  13. Hidden Mew

Ash becoming the first Alola League Champion feels a lot more believable and justified than Iris becoming the Unova Champion in large part because the Alola League was really not that challenging. Few of the trainers there besides Ash were particularly strong or focused in on battling. It also...
  14. Hidden Mew

Personally, I just find it unbelievable for Iris to improve this much. Yes, she hadn't appeared for a long time prior to Journeys, but I don't think that's really the best defense given that time doesn't make sense in-universe. Burnet gave birth and Ash is still somehow ten. At least with Ash...
  15. Hidden Mew

I don't mind that Paul isn't in the Master 8. I think having Alain there is a bigger unexpected twist. I do think it's a shame that he wasn't at least in the Ultra Class as one of Ash's opponents. Maybe they didn't want to have more than one former rival for Ash in the tournament or maybe Paul...
  16. Hidden Mew

Honestly, I can see them going back to the old formula of Ash going through a region, battling Gym Leaders and competing in the League. While not likely, I don't think it would be hard to do. Despite getting to battle Champion level trainers at the end, the PWC has largely been unimpressive...
  17. Hidden Mew

Ash is way too iconic and recognizable for them to replace. They're about twenty years too late to make changing protagonists work with the Pokemon anime. I'm sure that they'll just find something for Ash to do ideally within the new region. A full on reboot wouldn't be impossible, but I'd be...
  18. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure where it says that he finished recording his lines for Alain. I realize that Google translate is far from accurate, but it doesn't mention anything about that. As a side note, I'd love to get that hoodie in blue.
  19. Hidden Mew

I suppose that's possible. It would be such a weird move to use Alain to set up Leon as a powerhouse, especially when they could easily do that with practically any of the regional Champions. He already defeated Lance at the start of the series, but defeating someone like Steven or Cynthia would...
Back
Top Bottom