Search results for query: *

1. Hidden Mew

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The idea of changing the dub score in order to make it sound more western in order to appeal to kids feels so strange to me because I don't really remember paying that much attention to background music of the shows I watched when I was little. That isn't to say that a show's score isn't...
  2. Hidden Mew

I'm just going to make this one thing clear. Just because I'm not putting the blame on TPCI for Maddie's passing or believe that they're responsible for what happened to her to any degree does not make me a big fan of TPCI. I'm probably more indifferent towards TPCI than anything else at this...
  3. Hidden Mew

Repeating what other people have said really doesn't help your case. You're not the first person I've seen using her death like that and I'd happily call out other people for doing this too. Telling me that I should focus my issues with those people when you're repeating their argument doesn't...
  4. Hidden Mew

I would because you're using a person's death as a prop for your argument. It's so tasteless and doesn't really help your case at all in my opinion. I read the article and the part about being fired was more of a theory rather than anything more solid. They were wondering if it was a factor...
  5. Hidden Mew

I like the 4Kids dub as much as the next person, but I wouldn't really defend it that intensely. There are plenty of valid issues with it. I also have my doubts that the idea of the 4Kids dub being bad is that much of a minority opinion, mainly because I've seen other people complain about both...
  6. Hidden Mew

Most of the complaints I've seen on 4Kids dubs over the years have been pretty valid. There are some nitpicks for sure, but generally speaking, I think people being upset over how they handled their dubs is pretty understandable. Even their text edits were pretty inconsistent. I wasn't referring...
  7. Hidden Mew

I think that's a huge assumption to make here. I guess I can't say it's impossible given it's a hypothetical situation where neither of us can really prov anything. However, given how huge Pokemon was when it first started, it just comes off as highly unlikely that 4Kids was the only reason the...
  8. Hidden Mew

No one was forcing 4Kids to dub One Piece. If I recall correctly, they picked up the series without actually being aware of what One Piece was actually like. This was after they already had hits like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, so 4Kids getting the license probably seemed like a good idea for Toei...
  9. Hidden Mew

My best guess is that is those go by so fast and they didn't feel the need to edit or remove that. Either that or it's just a case of TPCI being inconsistent.
  10. Hidden Mew

I think it's less a case of TPCI being too kneejerk and more like they don't want to remind people of Jynx's original design. I can't really blame them when it's still one of the more well known controversies in the franchise. It was still kind of sudden to remove those episodes when they were...
  11. Hidden Mew

That's true. It just seems like it would be harder to incorporate Team Yell in the anime if they don't include Marnie. They could write around cheering her on for the Galar Gym Challenge fairly well if they have her taking part in the PWC instead, but I don't see Marnie being in the anime. It...
  12. Hidden Mew

I still can't see Journeys lasting through multiple generations at this point. It isn't a stretch by any means, but it would make decisions like Ash getting fully evolved Pokemon initially and giving Goh a Cinderace within the first year even more questionable. I guess it could be chalked up to...
  13. Hidden Mew

Ash outclassing most trainers in the Normal Rank isn't really a good thing. Or at least I don't think that makes the PWC compelling or more noteworthy compared to Gym badge quests. The notion that PWC hasn't had enough time to be fleshed out makes sense, but I don't think that's the main issue I...
  14. Hidden Mew

I think that they could afford to have a few more established characters within the Normal Rank, especially when everyone entering the tournament starts off that way. It doesn't make me more confident that they'll decide to include more established trainers later at least. Not to mention it...
  15. Hidden Mew

I could kind of see them not having Ash battle Leon in the PWC despite setting it up so early on. This is mainly due to how the PWC has been handled and how I don't see Ash getting to Master Rank. Part of it could just be how I'm much less interested in the PWC based on what I've seen of it thus...
  16. Hidden Mew

I meant that they hadn't decided if Ash will end up battling Leon in the PWC, not that Leon is his main goal for the series. They've been pretty clear on the latter. That was a mistake on my part since I should have been clearer. May and Dawn definitely weren't supporting characters. It's...
  17. Hidden Mew

I don't really see how the writers possibly not knowing if Goh will capture Mew yet is any different with the writers possibly not knowing if Ash is actually going to battle against Leon. I'm pretty sure the latter was mentioned in another interview. They don't usually have a clear end goal for...
  18. Hidden Mew

The more I think about it, the more I really doubt that translation. It just sounds more like what fans would describe SM Ash early on in the series than what Rica or someone involved with the show itself would say. It isn't really more believable around twenty episodes into SM since the...
  19. Hidden Mew

A part of me does wonder how accurate that translation was, if only because it does remind me a lot of the whole "SM is in a different continuity" argument that went on until Misty and Brock appeared. Plus, I'm surprised I haven't heard of that information before or at least I don't remember...
  20. Hidden Mew

Honestly, ending SM with a relatively heavy battle arc when the bulk of the series was more laid back slice of life was kind of jarring in general, but especially for Ash given he was too passive during the vast majority of it run. Where did Rica Matsumoto mention that head canon? Maybe she...
Back
Top Bottom