Search results for query: *

1. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

That's true, it really depends on how the Day starts. agreed
  2. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

This might be alienating to say, but I think that games should start as 48 hours in every first Day Phase, and depending on the activity and posts in the first Day Phase, it is either kept or lessened to 24 hours in the next Day Phase. There could be some quota of quality posts to fill, and even...
  3. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

But that's if they really know they have vote parity. If they don't I don't see the harm in extending the game for at least another phase.
  4. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

I'd keep the game going depending on the roles. Town could still win if Mafia doesn't know about the Voteless and one of them ends up bussing their partner. Maybe the Mafia would end up nightkilling the Voteless, thus the game is in a winnable state again for Town. This doesn't take into account...
  5. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

If they know about the role it wouldn't be a bastard one, as they could prepare for the potential win condition change beforehand in what they say and do. If they didn't know about it, it would be bastard.
  6. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

I approve of this. Finding personal intent is how I've found most scum, and portraying it in a good manner for deceit is how I've managed to be seen as Town plenty of times. If the personal intent is questionable itself, it's worth looking into. Why would they do this? Who could they be doing it...
  7. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

I wouldn't call it that, though I don't know what I'd call it and that's not what I feel. Like I've said, scum will try to do what they do to win. I think tone plays an important part in figuring out the true intentions, you judge their actions, you check their explanations, you see how they...
  8. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

It depends on the person, which I learn from the characterization in the game. It would need to be sound natural by not sounding forced and make sense with the behaviour given.
  9. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

The inconsistency is another thing I analyze of course, if it's understandable inconsistency that makes me think the change of tone isn't because of them being Mafia then I let it slide. If I pursue them for it and they respond in a way that doesn't make the inconsistency matter, or explain it...
  10. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

They both can fall apart, but as the game goes on and scum needs to be consistent while still trying to win I find that it's more likely they would if they're given more situations to give opinions on and act on, not Townies who wouldn't be hiding anything unless it was part of some plan, who...
  11. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

I find the tone in posts to be really important, as well as seeing how players deal with situations in the game. It gives them characterization you can analyze, and from it you can get better reads on them. If the characterization starts falling apart or being inconsistent you can find Mafia in...
  12. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

If say, the Town is winning, and you pity the Mafia, then you shouldn't be giving the Mafia any last minute power ups to make it "more fun" for them. In doing so, you ruin the Town's fun in favor of a group of players who do not deserve it.
  13. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

Which Kidbeano did...
  14. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

Why, thank you, Buoy! :D
  15. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

Something I've been doing when I refer to players anonymously to others about somebody's role is always refer to them with "them" and "they" instead of "him/her" and "he/she" because it would be a bit informative on who they are. Every little detail counts.
  16. HumanDawn

Mafia Philosophy

In my opinion, from the viewpoint of somebody in the Town faction, the cop role is more important because, not only can it save somebody's ass from being voted out, it can also find out who's the enemy. The doctor can save those in the Mafia too, endangering the Town in the process.
Back
Top Bottom