Search results for query: *

1. InfiniteBakuphoon

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

You mean regions, or just cities? In either case, I have some ideas about that. With the former, I notice that some people tend to create grand plans for their fics right off the bat, planning out doing the first part in one region and then another in a second region and all of that. But some of...
  2. InfiniteBakuphoon

@Greninjaman From my admittedly anecdotal experience, most journey fics really like to have the main character with a full team of six, as if that's some kind of unwritten expectation in the Pokémon fanfic community. The quotation marks were meant to be kind of my sardonic response to that, as...
  3. InfiniteBakuphoon

Contrary to perhaps somewhat popular belief, you really don't need a full team of six in a "proper" journey fic; a team of three or even less will often suffice and will also certainly keep you from spreading yourself too thin, so to speak, as far as personality and character development for...
  4. InfiniteBakuphoon

@lisianthus There was a part of me that at least wanted to get to 22,000 posts, haha. Don't worry about it too much; it doesn't really matter to me either way!
  5. InfiniteBakuphoon

That would be the Character Development Den. Last updated in December of 2021, by the way. By no other than me, no less. Feel free to revive it if you’d like, haha! It could use some love.
  6. InfiniteBakuphoon

Hey, I just finished a writing exercise over at Thousand Roads, and now I’m thinking, why not share my entries here? Just because, haha. These aren’t Pokémon-themed pieces, mind. They’re stories featuring the original characters that I created here! @Blanc Perhaps this might be useful for...
  7. InfiniteBakuphoon

So, last night I discovered the wonders of Picrew! And for reasons that I can’t really explain even now, I found myself spending several hours seeing how far I could go with it. My subjects for experimentation? Well, you might remember me mentioning that I was thinking about some fanfic ideas...
  8. InfiniteBakuphoon

@lisianthus I don’t know how much advice I can give about drabbles from a writer’s perspective (given as I don’t really write those), but I think that I can give an opinion about them from a reader’s perspective, at least. Or maybe about me theoretically writing a drabble, perhaps. In any case…...
  9. InfiniteBakuphoon

Hi, everyone. Writing has been very interesting for me this weekend, mainly because although I got little to no actual writing done, I still accomplished a lot! And even more interestingly because what I accomplished had little to do with what I probably should be focusing on right now (cough...
  10. InfiniteBakuphoon

I cross-post my stories regularly on two other sites besides this one: Fanficton.net and Serebii. I post on the latter mainly based on nostalgia, it being my first real exposure to fanfiction and the Pokémon fandom in general. The fanfiction section isn't nearly as bustling as it was fifteen or...
  11. InfiniteBakuphoon

@Greninjaman Personally speaking, I'm not sure that I could really take the idea of Poké Balls existing far in the past very seriously. The best example of an "ancient" Poké Ball that I can remember would be from the Celebi movie, with takes place 40 years in the past. When said Poké Ball was...
  12. InfiniteBakuphoon

Sorry to stop by this thread for the first time in ages for something so silly, but something weird is going on with my fic right now and I'm curious to see if I can find some answers here. It's about the view count, specifically. I don't know how reliable said view counts are, but yesterday I...
  13. InfiniteBakuphoon

Halloween has never really been my thing since at least 4th grade, so for me it was just like any other day. No trick-or-treaters to spoil my hard-earned rest from work that day either, haha.
  14. InfiniteBakuphoon

I don't really know how I feel about Sword and Shield right now, to be honest. Last time around, I was so excited about Sun and Moon that it was literally a day one purchase for me (the first and only time I've ever done that for a video game). But now, the only thing that's really driving me...
  15. InfiniteBakuphoon

I guess that's the kind of thing that happens once you reach 800+ Pokémon. Not that I think there's really anything with Wooloo by itself, mind; although I probably would take Mareep over Wooloo when you compare the two like that. That said, I will say that I kind of prefer the series' older...
  16. InfiniteBakuphoon

Late because it's been a very long time since I've last signed in here (even by my standards), but happy birthday to you, @unrepentantAuthor; hope it was a happy one. To think that many of the people who grew up with Pokémon when it first came out are going to be nearing 30 soon, if they...
  17. InfiniteBakuphoon

What concerns me most about Dynamaxing is how it'll fit into something like the anime... or anything that's not the games, for that matter. The games, you see, can get away with a lot in the logistics department of Dynamaxing because battles in the games are, mechanically speaking, simplistic...
  18. InfiniteBakuphoon

Hiya! Haven't been in this thread for a while, so I guess I'll jumpstart it with a bit of commentary on (somewhat) recent Pokémon news. So... #BringBackNationalDex. Initially I thought that it was just some fandom overreaction, but after reading about everything, I can see why people are upset...
  19. InfiniteBakuphoon

Well, regarding the Pokémon world at least, most of the main characters in both the games and the anime seem to have no more than one parent anyway... usually a mother. Half of the problem solved in that case, right? And then there's always the nuclear solution to the problem: not giving them...
  20. InfiniteBakuphoon

@unrepentantAuthor Heck yeah, I have... especially when that task involves computers (ugh). You know what the best part of it all is, though? The deep breath you can take when it's finally over. Good luck with your writing, and may your woes be over soon. ...Yeah, we really are on the...
Back
Top Bottom