Search results for query: *

1. InfiniteBakuphoon

Julia's Reviews on Various Media

I've always been kind of apprehensive about the idea of going too far down the rabbit hole of the All Stars movies — even with their often amazing theatrical-level animation and fight scenes — due to being afraid of pretty much everything that you've described here, haha. No one can tell...
  2. InfiniteBakuphoon

Oh, that one about stuttering really caught my attention because I happen to be a stutterer myself! And I didn’t know that you were one too… many hugs. I can relate to a lot of the things that the manga apparently explores, and it’s nice to see one indeed explore what it’s like to go through...
  3. InfiniteBakuphoon

Yet another wonderful reminder that Japan is a country — with people — not a giant living stereotype for us Westerners to slap on it. Many different ideas and attitudes make up the whole (even if not all of them make it to pillars of power, sadly). Anyways, this is awesome! And she looks so...
  4. InfiniteBakuphoon

What shocked me most about this one is the fact that it got 52 episodes, actually! I had to read that twice, haha… unless your name is OLM or Toei, your anime is in all likelihood not getting even half of that number right out of the gate today, haha. I kind of miss the days where at least...
  5. InfiniteBakuphoon

Fun fact about me and this series: I actually kept on mistaking its name as “Popolocrisis” and thought for a long time that it was actually some uniquely Japanese take on SimCity with a over-population twist or something, haha. That’s pretty much the extent of my exposure to the series before...
  6. InfiniteBakuphoon

Hey, Juliko! I just wanted to let you know something. Thanks to you, I was just able to snag Haibane Renmei on Blu-ray for an awesome price. Primarily because you helped put it on my radar! Aside from the premise, pretty much anything from anyone associated with Serial Experiments Lain (one of...
  7. InfiniteBakuphoon

Glad to see some Rune Factory love, both from you and from everyone else who bought this game, haha! Even if it seems as though it didn’t completely live up to the hype for a lot of those latter people, who I know waited a looooooong time for a fifth game… Now, as someone who has played but not...
  8. InfiniteBakuphoon

It’s rather staggering to me how a series like this is able to get so apparently popular — getting two seasons and and a movie, with a third season already on the way! — but I’m also kind of happy that it is. (Relative) quiet and simplicity have their place! I suspect that’s at least partially...
  9. InfiniteBakuphoon

Ah yes, that one movie “that looks like Ghibli but isn’t actually Ghibli”. Or at least that’s how I looked at it when I first learned about it, perhaps somewhat unfairly. Meanwhile, I had no idea that it was adaptation of an existing book until now. Yet I’m also not entirely surprised, as Studio...
  10. InfiniteBakuphoon

I don’t have much to say about the work itself this time, other than that I myself may have been more drawn to this manga’s artwork if it was made about a decade or so earlier, haha. But what’s kind of messed up about situations like this is that if an anime or manga adaptation ends up being...
  11. InfiniteBakuphoon

Missed opportunity here: “Tokyo New Mew”. Painfully obvious and probably hashed out to death by others, but nonetheless: not sorry, haha. Meanwhile, it’s a pity that the mangaka passed away while they were making this, and so young and tragically at that. I wonder what she would’ve thought...
  12. InfiniteBakuphoon

That translation thing sounds like something you’d see in the Pokémon anime’s dub, where you’d think that the localization staff has some weird obsession with making sure that two characters never have the same name (with Risa’s name change in The Power of Us being a particularly egregious...
  13. InfiniteBakuphoon

And of all of the things that finally had me actually post something here, it’s Rhapsody of all things!? Life is strange, haha… #Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure I’ve never played this game through to completion, but I’m intimately familiar with its soundtrack. Not its (in)famous vocal songs, mind...
Back
Top Bottom