Search results for query: *

1. Islander Princess

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

While the dub didn't really change my feelings on Journeys as a series overall, I do think the dub itself has been very strong. The new VAs are very good; I'm particularly into Goh and Chloe's voices, although Professor Cerise gets honorable mention as well. I'm not really someone who pays much...
  2. Islander Princess

I actually like the titles that they translate directly. The Darkest Day arc is a little more serious, so I'm totally cool without the cheesy puns. And that double feature episode title is rough. I get what they were going for, and there is some part of me that does consider it clever, but boy...
  3. Islander Princess

Wow, the title for the Alola episode is bad. So many better options and they go with that? Sometimes they should really just stay away from the song titles and puns and go with something that's more fitting. The other revealed titles so far are much better. There's actually something I really...
  4. Islander Princess

This is a cute title! I'd be happy if this ended up being the English equivalent, although I'm still hoping one day for there to be a dub episode titled "Alola Surprise!" Maybe when they go back to Alola next time (hint, hint, writers ;))
  5. Islander Princess

That's fair. FWIW, they do also have some of Journeys on Pokémon TV. Only the first 6 episodes right now, but at least it's a free app! This is an interesting take! I also don't really disagree. Netflix has lost out on a lot of big properties because of other networks launching their own...
  6. Islander Princess

That's a bummer, although I'm also surprised it took them this long to take everything down. It was nice to be able to go on there and know I could watch any episode whenever I wanted. If Netflix is going to remain the main distributor of Pokemon, I wish they would upload more of the older...
  7. Islander Princess

I only watch one episode a week when each new batch is released, and doing that generally brings me right up to the next release without a break in between. I think there will end up being one week between me finishing the December batch and the March batch being released, but I also think...
  8. Islander Princess

I was wondering how the dub would handle naming the double feature episode. I actually love this title! Covers both "episodes" really well in one shot.
  9. Islander Princess

I love Y&R, lol. I'm definitely curious how they're moving forward with recording. It's been interesting watching the soap operas that have resumed because you can tell they're filming it with the actors socially distanced (comes across as a little awkward, but obviously it's understandable)...
  10. Islander Princess

Speaking as someone from NY, it's not weird that it's releasing on 9/11. A lot of things get released or happen on 9/11; no one around here really gets offended by this unless it would be directly making light of the occasion (which a drop of Pokemon episodes obviously wouldn't be doing)...
  11. Islander Princess

Did not see that name coming, but I love it! Love the meaning behind it even more.
  12. Islander Princess

Somehow I didn't even think about that. I'd love it if we got longer opening songs again! That would definitely be a plus to Netflix if we get it.
  13. Islander Princess

Ugh, can't believe the Netflix thing came true. Guess I should've seen it coming after the movie, but Disney was still advertising the show a lot and airing it consistently, so I kind of thought they were gonna stick to that. Not a fan of the quarterly release thing either. But the show itself...
  14. Islander Princess

"Journeys" is such a weird word. I always think it's spelled wrong. Anyway, I don't love the title, but they couldn't really go with Sword and Shield and I didn't really expect them to revert back to just Pokemon either, so it works. Hopefully the emphasis on the travel in the apparent dub...
  15. Islander Princess

Ah, I didn't know that; thanks for sharing! Hopefully that means they got a fair amount of episodes done while things were still safe. I imagine that if enough episodes got done to last a few months, Disney can still go ahead and air them. I could see it being a problem if they had only gotten a...
  16. Islander Princess

I know it's likely not entirely comparable because there was a station jump last series, but not including previews, the gap between XY and SM was a little less than 4 months. So I wouldn't be totally surprised if the new series didn't begin airing until June/July, especially with everything...
Back
Top Bottom