Search results for query: *

1. J Bouken

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I wouldn't say so. In reality, the major difference is willingness, with the stereotype being that men tend to not talk about their feelings because it's seen as weak by their peers. But once you get over that, I rarely see a difference in how people talk about it that can't already be...
  2. J Bouken

One I see crop up fairly often is the reluctance to write male characters who can be physically affectionate with other men without there being a romantic or sexual implication. Female characters are always allowed to hug and hold hands, but male characters are often depicted as stoic - a nod to...
  3. J Bouken

I returned to work today, expecting a cornacopia of "Wow, haven't seen you in ages! How was your Christmas?" Instead, the first thing my supervisor said to me was: "This morning has been a nightmare." I work for one of those glamorous "top 10 in the world" universities, in one of their...
  4. J Bouken

Anyone else get the urge to expunge their entire writing history from the internet? I used to keep my older works on the internet as a reminder of where I've come from and the changes I've made in my writing style, but I've developed this strange feeling of detachment to it, like none of it...
Back
Top Bottom