Search results for query: *

1. JFrombaugh

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Well if the region countdown does indeed end with the Gen 8 region on Pokémon Day, then even if the only other thing they reveal is the names and logos of the games, we should at least be able to deduce what place is the region is based on. I remember how the yellow emergency vehicles and the...
  2. JFrombaugh

My final list of predictions: -Pokémon King & Queen -Region is geographically based on southeastern England, but draws inspiration from the whole UK (much like Unova is geographically based on NYC, but draws inspiration from the entire state of New York as well as New Jersey) -Types of final...
  3. JFrombaugh

For me, confirmation of a Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch this summer easily made up for the lack of any info on Gen 8.
  4. JFrombaugh

Honestly, if it is in fact going to be a UK region, I wouldn't be surprised if the question of cultural identity is the main theme of Gen 8. While I doubt they'll directly reference Brexit as such, I wouldn't be surprised if the sort of issues that led to it, such as immigration & racism, end up...
  5. JFrombaugh

I'm still kind of inclined to say that the Crown probably IS a clue given GameFreak's recent history, but I think we could still be seeing some sort of region that is totally unexpected. It could be Niigata, it could be Italy, it could be Greece of all places... I'm saying this because a part...
  6. JFrombaugh

I'll spare the readers here the many thoughts I have about the Gen 8 region being based on the UK, and throw out one idea that I'm hoping ends up being in these games, regardless of the region: A Fairy-type Elite Four Member! I feel like the type itself would be very well-suited to an Elite...
  7. JFrombaugh

I think we are going to get the title reveal and release date some time in February, possibly even next week, but I think we'll have to wait a few more months to get anything beyond that, just like with Sun & Moon. I lack the optimism of a lot of others on this board - yes it's an annoying way...
  8. JFrombaugh

Frustrating, I agree, but I can still see it happening. I can imagine the arguments, as GameFreak insists that they're aiming for a November 2019 release, that six months of official teaser videos is more than enough, and that in the meantime we should all just enjoy Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.
  9. JFrombaugh

Ugh...Call me crazy, but give me the Pokemon anime, Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings any day over Harry Potter. To each his own, I suppose.
  10. JFrombaugh

As someone who was born in the year of the Rabbit, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stick with the Chinese Zodiac pattern and we get a Fire/Fairy Rabbit starter.
  11. JFrombaugh

I just realized something...Has anyone else noticed the similarities in the colors & design between the Crown you can buy for 999,999 Pokedollars in LGPE and the Spanish Corona Tumular? Pokémon Let’s Go Crown: Celadon Department Store's Most Expensive Item - Nintendo Insider Regalia of Spain -...
  12. JFrombaugh

Ever since I heard it was pretty much confirmed that the next games would be called “Let’s go Pikachu/Eevee”, I immediately thought that they weren’t actually the Switch game revealed at E3, because those names sounded more to me like some badly-Japanese-translated iphone game than a real core...
  13. JFrombaugh

Well, it's official. I'm giving these games a pass. Wake me up in 2019 when Gen 8 gets announced. Honestly though, the biggest things that I'm bummed about are only the original 151 Pokémon are catchable, and no real online features besides Pokémon Go connectivity. I get the feeling Eevee in LG...
  14. JFrombaugh

Well, I'll almost certainly be going with Eevee as the version I'll be getting. I just hope that it won't be like Pokémon Yellow's Pikachu in which it refuses to evolve. Because that's pretty much the point of getting an Eevee IMO. But sweet mother of Arceus, I'm almost tempted to say neither...
  15. JFrombaugh

All I can say about "Let's Go! Pikachu!" and "Let's Go! Eevee!", if those are in fact the titles of the games... Ahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha! Wait a minute, I'm not done yet... AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OMG, could this be the worst name for a pair of...
  16. JFrombaugh

To elaborate more on my starter predictions: Grass: Grass/Psychic Native American/nature spirit theme High Special Attack & Special Defense Kind of like Trevenant but with Psychic abiltites instead of curses. Fire: Fire/Fairy Fire Rabbit Pokémon (to continue the tradition of every Gen except...
  17. JFrombaugh

To answer the starter final evo polls, here's my predictions: Grass/Psychic Fire/Fairy Water/Fighting
  18. JFrombaugh

If it is going to be Gen 8 and not Kanto remakes, I've still got my money on a Spring 2019 release, hence the "2018 or later" date. 'Cause I dunno, I feel like if they are shooting for a 2018 release, we would at least have gotten the official title & starter reveals by now - even if some more...
Back
Top Bottom