Search results for query: *

1. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I hate the stupid glowing effect whenever Pokémon evolve in the anime. While I admit it looks a lot better now than it did back in the old days, I’d really like to see a Pokémon evolve without being obscured.
  2. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

Wow, that sounds like something you’d see in a cheesy educational DiC cartoon from the 80s.
  3. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I do, too. In fact, some of my all-time favorite episodes are filler! (Examples include “Hypno’s Naptime”, “Pikachu Re-Volts”, “Flower Power”, that one DP episode with the maid café, etc.) As long as the filler episodes are well written, then I have no problem with them. Pretty much every...
  4. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

That’s exactly why I prefer Max over Bonnie. The American version doesn’t help matters, because they write her as a complete moron, giving her dialogue like “Hi, Pokemon Center!”, and “Wow, wow, wow!”, which are things that no child has ever said.
  5. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I liked Max, but Bonnie (especially her American counterpart) annoys me to no end.
  6. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

Same here! I love that guy!
  7. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

Sorry to break up the debate here, but we should probably get back on topic. I didn’t think Tracey was all that bad. As an artist myself, I thought he was a pretty interesting character, and one of my all time favorite episodes of the anime is the one where he catches Scyther (Tracey Gets...
  8. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

As much as I hate how forced it was, I think they made the right choice in giving Togepi to Misty. That being said, I find her to be more tolerable after she becomes Togepi’s guardian. A lot of the more rabid parts of the fan base (to be specific, a lot of PokéShippers) disagree, however. They...
  9. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

Yeah, and the humor we get is....not exactly the best, either.
  10. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

WARNING Those of you who prefer the Japanese version, do not open this spoiler, because I’ve got some really strong opinions here!
  11. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

This. I agree with you that Ash has no reason to be replaced. I think I brought this up before, but, can you imagine the backlash that would occur if they got rid of him? And, through the magic of hypocrisy, some of the same people wishing to get rid of him will complain about it.
  12. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I’m not a big fan of most of the new music in the Japanese version. Also, Max’s Japanese voice kinda irritates me.
  13. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

Agreed through and through. I think the Orange League deserves more love from the fan base, who like to say “it’s not in the games, so it doesn’t count”. In case they haven’t noticed, the games are in their own separate continuity from the anime, of course things are going to be different. This...
  14. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I prefer the 4Kids dub of Advanced Generation over the Japanese version.
  15. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I like the Pokémon Chronicles theme song unironically *hides in fallout shelter*
  16. Jared DiCarlo

Controversial opinions

I can’t stand Meowth’s habit of adding “nya” at the end of his sentences in the Japanese version. I understand that it’s a common anime trope for characters to have these little speech quirks, and I’m sure it may have been cute at one point, but it gets old very, very fast. I’m just glad the...
Back
Top Bottom