Search results for query: *

1. J

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Heard about the earthquake in Japan and immediately went to check your site. Glad to hear you're okay, Dogasu!
  2. J

I second the idea of the boss fantasy contest becoming an annual tradition. I have one that I wrote for a fan-comic that I'll never complete, but I couldn't enter it in this contest 'cause it's about a Generation III Pokémon.
  3. J

Awesome comparison for "Showdown at Dark City". That episode was one of my favorites as a kid, even though I had no idea what it was parodying. Now you've made me want to watch Yojimbo. I had never really thought of "Pokémon" as a show with a lot of pop culture references in it, but your site...
  4. J

Mainly because we grown-up Internet nerds are the only people who care about getting the Japanese version on DVD in America, and there aren't enough of us for PUSA to justify doing that. Their demographic is kids, and kids don't care about seeing "Pokémon" in Japanese. (Well, most of 'em don't...
  5. J

Okay, putting aside all this "America vs. Japan" stuff here, allow me to comment on the actual recent update. I do like the revised pages for the two ending themes you did, though I would like to see lyrics and translations for the full album versions too, not just the TV versions. I'm a big...
  6. J

Well, duh. He's not the one who has anything to learn here.
  7. J

Thank you for redoing the episode comparison main pages! I think by listing the dub episodes by their actual episode numbers, it may help to finally clear up the confusion so many fans have about where one American season ends and another begins. It really irks me when people refer to things...
  8. J

It's his website and it's his opinions. If he doesn't have respect for the dub (and he doesn't have to, given how many bonehead moves it's made over the years), then he's not going to pretend that he does just to make everyone happy.
  9. J

Ha! Looks like my "Team Rocket vs. Rocket-dan" theory may hold water after all. The handling of Musashi-tachi was one of the biggest reasons why I stopped watching the dub. When I got back into "Pokémon" during Season 7, even though I would always be watching the show by myself, I got into the...
  10. J

Well, if we're going to bring up Looney Tunes, allow me to jump in! Regardless of where you saw it, the fact is most networks did edit out the final gag of "Ballot Box Bunny" - I know I never saw it on ABC or Nickelodeon when I was growing up, and it was completely new to me when I got the...
  11. J

I echo your sentiment of hating all the unnecessary dub rewrites that always get made to Musashi-tachi's dialogue (well, I hate all the dub rewrites on this show, but I digress). In the Japanese version, Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu are my favorite characters; in the American version, I just want...
  12. J

We still see stuff like that on occasion, though. Remember the first Asuna episode in Houen where Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu are all in a coed hot spring? ...Actually, that was almost seven years ago (the episode aired in December 2003), so yeah, I guess it has been a long time since we saw...
  13. J

I imagine it's stuff like the breasts joke in the Garura episode that makes a lot of people mistakenly think the Japanese version isn't a kids' show. Instead, it's just a testament to what kids' shows in Japan can get away with. I remember "The Kangaskhan Kid" quite well, as I had the Viz VHS...
  14. J

"Well, we'll know when it pops!" It's the unintentional stuff that always turns out to be the funniest, isn't it?
  15. J

This is kind of bizarro. "Pokémon Ondo" is an ending theme, which usually means that it wouldn't make it into America and thus would not have to get mutilated by a dubbing company (in other words, it's one of the "safe" aspects of this show that will never have to not be Japanese). Yet, as the...
  16. J

It's not the only time I've seen the story concept of "construction of a dam interferes with the ecosystem" show up in Japanese popular culture. It was part of the plot to the third Gamera movie, Gamera vs. Gaos. (Which I only saw courtesy of "Mystery Science Theater 3000". "Hey, could you get...
  17. J

Ditto on the opening theme comparisons. I really can't wait to see what you have to say about the fourth one.
  18. J

Well, that's 'cause Betobeton was in the sixth spot in his roster, wasn't it? He had Pikachu, Fushigidane, Hitokage, Zenigame, Pigeon, and he'd just left Okorizaru at the P-1 Grand Prix, so he had a spot open. Crab was caught when Satoshi already had six.
  19. J

Hmm, some gutsy predictions there. I honestly don't think Pinpuku is ever going to evolve - it just doesn't seem right somehow. I do agree with most of the predictions on Satoshi's team, though - Hikozaru's evolution seems imminent with the seventh badge on the horizon, and Buoysel and Mukubird...
  20. J

I still think the producers did that on purpose just to give 4Kids a headache. I noticed onigiri becoming much more common on the show in the latter half of the Advanced Generation episodes, almost as if they were saying "Okay, guys, what are you gonna call 'em this time?" (Which eventually...
Back
Top Bottom