Search results for query: *

1. Jewel the Quaxly

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I never understood the amount of love the DP movies got in the fandom. They felt like extended filler episodes to me, filled to the brim with exposition, more exposition, and awfully choreographed action scenes. Are they animated well? Oh, yes. Are the fights themselves interesting? Nope. The...
  2. Jewel the Quaxly

That scene felt like an example of how Pikachu should have been treated. I was surprised when I first watched it, because it was the first time I could recall where Pikachu's motivation wasn't specifically tied to Ash. He wasn't trying to win for just Ash. It was for himself and his other...
  3. Jewel the Quaxly

One of the biggest examples of "missed opportunity" for me in regards to Chloe specifically was how they barely looked into her life, despite how many new routes they could take the anime with by doing so. I mean, at the beginning my impression of her was that she lived in her own world. She...
  4. Jewel the Quaxly

Admittedly, even this doesn't work because I feel like Buneary crushing on Pikachu as a Lopunny would honestly be even funnier and more awkward than before. The whole "awkward awkward awkward" part of the crush was kind of the point of the gag, so if anything, having Buneary evolve would just...
  5. Jewel the Quaxly

When I was younger, I had no idea what the implications were behind Lopunny's design or why anyone would take it in that way. I don't see why that is particularly an issue in showcasing Lopunny in the anime when most in the target demographic are probably like me in that they have no idea what...
  6. Jewel the Quaxly

I recently watched the 4-episode special, Arceus: The One Called God, and I honestly wasn't expecting much from it. My expectations were actually incredibly low, but after having watched it, I can say that I actually enjoyed it a lot more than anticipated. It wasn't the most special thing I've...
  7. Jewel the Quaxly

No. A Gary Stu is a character who is overly perfect and flawless...but also, and I'd argue the most important trait, causes the narrative to bend to their will. I feel like there could be valid arguments for Goh being a Gary Stu, but this definitely isn't one of them. Something that would make...
  8. Jewel the Quaxly

Nothing. They might just really like Goh or the idea of seeing Goh with the other starters. *** Honestly, though, I hope the Gen 9 gets its own story. If they're not going to do a badge quest and instead are going to try something new, then do it within the region. No more of this so called...
  9. Jewel the Quaxly

I would personally like to see the anime doing something new with the starters, instead of delegating them to similar roles in series past. I think it would be interesting to see Sprigatito as a headstrong battler with a love of life who's development centers around it learning to fight more...
  10. Jewel the Quaxly

I actually like the old art style from OS a lot. The only thing that held it back for me was how it was very inconsistent, but that mostly felt a result of limited budget than anything else: same goes for OS's animation. It's hard to explain exactly what draws me to it, but it gives off this...
  11. Jewel the Quaxly

I honestly have just never been a fan of Shoji Yonemura in general. The episodes I do like that have been written by him are often terribly written, even if I enjoyed watching it. I wasn't too surprised when I found out Yonemura was the director of Journeys, in all honesty.
  12. Jewel the Quaxly

It's been a while, but the only funny part of that episode to me was the end, where they had OS level wacky shenanigans going on. Thing is, the build up completely sucked and they pulled the "tricked by cute unsuspecting Togepi" joke three or four times in a row, which was just tiring to watch...
  13. Jewel the Quaxly

Kind of reminds me of Where No Togepi Has Gone Before, where only one small part was funny but the rest of the actual episode was just a repetitive and overused gag that was never even funny in the first place.
  14. Jewel the Quaxly

@Daren has brought up many points in the past regarding how well done Ash's battle against Drake was, but one thing I'd like to add is the further nuance to the teamwork message: only between trainer and pokemon this time. Throughout the battle, you can see the pokemon acting on their own...
  15. Jewel the Quaxly

Masaaki Iwane just posted this art of Ash-Greninja on Twitter! :bulbaLove:
  16. Jewel the Quaxly

I'm so sorry you felt that way. I totally understand it when your name is ridiculed-mine has been butchered so many times throughout all my life it's become somewhat of a sore spot for me when people butcher it on purpose.
  17. Jewel the Quaxly

They could just bring back Max along with that ralts from that one filler episode...:wynaut:
  18. Jewel the Quaxly

This actually kinda bummed me out, because I can seriously understand not wanting to do something anymore because of the toxic environment. Those kind of reasons for not doing something anymore are just the worst, so I really feel for you. :bulbaLove: But seriously, though, really? I've seen...
  19. Jewel the Quaxly

It's probably gonna go like this:
Back
Top Bottom