Search results for query: *

1. Jewel the Quaxly

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Boys have gotten plenty of representation in media. The "overcompensation" you're talking about is hardly enough to overshadow centuries of male dominant media. Male leads aren't gonna disappear into thin air just because a few shows decide to incorporate more women into their series. This...
  2. Jewel the Quaxly

It's hard to make an argument against something that has no sources backing that claim up. Take calling Liko a Mary Sue for example. A Mary Sue is a character who is "depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses"(as per google dictionary) and "usually female and almost always the...
  3. Jewel the Quaxly

I get that this wasn't your intention, but these are statements that do come off as inherently sexist. Not to mention assuming Liko is a Mary Sue just because she has a special object...ah, yes, it's not like no protagonist in history has ever been special before. This is a narrative devise used...
  4. Jewel the Quaxly

I really hope Rico doesn't turn out to be Ash's daughter, like some parts of the fandom seem to be speculating. It just feels so clichéd to make a new protagonist be the child of the previous protagonist. Oftentimes this results in the new protag being compared to the previous one or having...
  5. Jewel the Quaxly

Honestly, I'm really excited for this new series. The new character designs are really cool and I have a suspicion based on the placement of said characters on the poster that the main protagonist is the girl, Riko. Which, finally! There isn't enough information yet to say definitively if this...
Back
Top Bottom