Search results for query: *

1. Johtoo

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

I think it's high time we have starters appear in the wild. They appear in the wild in Pokemon Go, they appear in the wild in the Anime, and In Let's Go Pikachu. Lore wise, you can't expect starters to be only resigned to professors giving them away to young trainers.
  2. Johtoo

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

If Gamefreak were to choose Australia, I think New South Wales would be the perfect region You have Bondi Beach You have Sydney Harbour (Which would obviously be the central city) You have the outback You have the Snowy Mountains You have rainforest reserves Frankly speaking: it is the...
  3. Johtoo

As an Australian: I think I should chime in here. Australians are not all alike. There is quite a division between the urban population and the rural population. There is also a strong sense of indigenous identity and Australia as a whole is extremely multicultural. We have a huge italian...
  4. Johtoo

It depends where in Australia they focus on Queensland (Where I live) have a very tropical vibe similar to Hawaii NSW covers a lot. You have the metropolitan Sydney, but you also have dry roads and long stretches of nothing. You have this and this In the same state. Victoria is more...
  5. Johtoo

Australia would be great considering it's where i live, but I can't help but to think how similar it would be to Alola. I also prefer Pokemon games that are set in big European capitals. Italy or Spain would be far more aesthetically pleasing than Australia.
  6. Johtoo

I personally think a blending of italy and spain will be next.
  7. Johtoo

Isn't Japan usually at odds with China? I'm not sure if Gamefreak would ever want to go down that road because of the controversies it might have in Japan.
  8. Johtoo

It's either that or make new authentic sounds for these Pokemon. The sprite cries are terribly outdated. They were outdated in 2010, and they're even more outdated now. And are we forgetting how amazing the regi's sound in the anime? Or Palkia? I would handle squirtle saying its name if I can...
  9. Johtoo

On a more relevant note: I wonder if this would be the first game that not only features voice acting, but anime cries as well. It seems kind of redundant to keep the sprite cries considering how dated it sounds. Smash Bros uses the anime cries for its Pokemon characters, so it only seems apt to...
  10. Johtoo

Yeah, i'm sorry too for dragging this off topic as well. I want Gamefreak to do well like everyone else in here and hopefully they can do that in Gen 9 :)
  11. Johtoo

Look at it this way. The next generation of Pokemon games began development just before, if not just after the latest generation is released. So, let's assume that Sword and Shield started planning stages in 2016...
  12. Johtoo

I think the disconnect between Gamefreak and their fans are more than that. Just look at these two examples Remind yourself that this passed Gamefreaks quality control And these two images are games running on the same Hardware. Sword and Shield will have sold 20 million plus, while Dragon...
  13. Johtoo

Have you not been in the gaming community for a while? Trust me, any game that doesn't hit high 80's is considered a failure. There are lots of devs on record noting the high standards that gamers have these days Using Paper mario is a bit of a reach considering its not Mario's premier...
  14. Johtoo

It's the year 2021. Any game that falls to a series low and doesn't get at least high 80's is considered a critical failure. The same would be said if Zelda reached 80 or Mario. Shouldn't we (as pokemon fans) expect the same standard as those other franchises? It's our right as a consumer to...
  15. Johtoo

Metacritic scores. Pokemon Sword and Shield is the lowest mainline rated game on metacritic. Thats pretty much the best source there is. The metacritic of 80 is the lowest in the franchise though. It's also 7 below Sun and Moon and XY, so I'm not sure why you would call it a critical success...
  16. Johtoo

Hopefully Ohmori doesn't direct these games. He's worked on 3 games as far. ORAS (which struck out) Sun and Moon (which was give or take) and sword and shield (which is the lowest reviewed mainline game). Where is morimoto? He was so good for the franchise.
  17. Johtoo

Masuda went on record saying there will be no DLC, and he used Pokemon that were locked out of the original games to sell their DLC. And don't get me started on Pokemon Home's absurd pricing. I don't think this is a Gamefreak thing, but the Pokemon Company have been largely anti-consumer lately...
  18. Johtoo

Wouldn't surprise me if they did a diamond and pearl remake, the first DLC added platinum features and the second added Galar features. Gamefreak are just that scummy to do something like that.
Back
Top Bottom