Search results for query: *

• Users: Johtoo
  • With M23: Koko thread
  • Content: Threads, Posts
  • Order by date
  1. Johtoo

Review M23: Koko

I think they had it right in Sinnoh. Create a trilogy that asked fans to return so they could see how the story would conclude. The AU movies were interesting to begin with, but after the Power of Us it became apparant that there was no reason to watch it. The Ash there has no direct relevance...
  2. Johtoo

Thus ends the silly AU experiment.
  3. Johtoo

I think if Pokemon were truly an event film, the audience would have turned out stronger than what it has, like they did for Demon Slayer. Pokemon is, like you said, a summer vacation hit, but it really isn't anything more than that. There also hasn't been a Pokemon movie in the top 10 Japanese...
  4. Johtoo

The anime has been on the decline in Japan for quite a while. The combination of that and the movie being released during an outbreak was always going to lead to this. There is a reason why they changed the formula when Sun and Moon started, and there is a reason why there wasn't a preview...
  5. Johtoo

Fair, but I think it's a problem that we haven't even been told where these movies belong. Anyway, i'm wondering with the proposition of another lockdown in Japan, The Pokemon Company would be better off selling the movie to NTV or something? Turn a bad situation into a good one? Sort of like...
  6. Johtoo

Which is why I believe the AU movies have largely been unsuccessful. The first movie retold Ash's story through the lens an alternative universe; thereby allowing a new slate of movies to follow upon that. The blueprint was there to make sequels using this so called "New Ash", but instead we...
  7. Johtoo

I agree. It's probably a foregone conclusion this movie will be one of, if not the lowest grossing movie in the franchise. Demon Slayer obviously is a huge anomaly given every other movie this year has struck out. I wonder where they will go from here though.
  8. Johtoo

Looks like this movie is off to a rough start in the Japanese box office 02 (---) ¥325,000,000 ($3.1 million), 0, ¥435,000,000 ($4.2 million), Pokemon: Coco (Toho) NEW Here is the history of Pokemon films at the japanese box office ¥780.9 million ($6.5 million) / 742,978 - Pokemon Diamond &...
Back
Top Bottom