Search results for query: *

1. Juliko

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

Started re-reading Felix Salten's A Forest World so I can finish my review of it. Man, that book is so good!...but I wish Genina and Arilla weren't such awful characters plagued by misogynistic motivations!!
  2. Juliko

A while ago, I read the book Fat Angie by E. E. Charlton Trujillo. Ugh. Never again. That book absolutely sucks. Don't read it. On the other hand, I read this one slice-of-life fantasy book called The Bookwanderers by Anna James, which was MUCH better and much more compelling. I liked it!
  3. Juliko

I just finished Yoru Sumino's latest novel, At Night I Become a Monster, and...uuuuugh. Of all the books she's written, this one is without a doubt her worst. Why did I even bother with this one? Working on my review of it as I speak.
  4. Juliko

Started reading the webcomic Sleepless Domain. It's really good!
  5. Juliko

Just finished this crummy kids novel called The Cat Ate my Gymsuit by Paula Danzinger. It's...not great. Gonna read some manga I bought on Kindle once I get paid this Friday. Already started on Kaze Hikaru, a long running manga that I've seen pop up every now and again.
  6. Juliko

Finished Rise of Kyoshi today. The first part of it, that is. ITS SO FRICKIN GOOOOOOD!!!! It really builds on the Avatar lore, all of the characters are interesting and three-dimensional (save for a select few), the prose is magnificent, and it's just all around awesome! Avatar fans, read this...
  7. Juliko

Just started up The Rise of Kyoshi, the recent Avatar novel by F. C. Yee.
  8. Juliko

Finished re-reading A Forest World by Felix Salten (It's soooo good!...but why do all the deer characters have to be so insufferable?!), and I'm gonna start on Rachel Roberts' Avalon: Web of Magic series soon. Been wanting to read it for a while, and I have the first four books already. I'm...
  9. Juliko

Bungo Stray Dogs manga, volumes 3-10. Yeah I kinda binged on this one. Big time. I do like this series, and it's pretty fun and action packed. But I do feel it's a bit too fast paced for its own good, and many of the characters are hard to keep track of. Plus, I feel like some of the chapters...
  10. Juliko

Re-reading Before Green Gables, and still love it, even with its hiccups. Just started reading the Bungo Stray Dogs manga, though only made it to volume 2.
  11. Juliko

Just started re-reading Black Beauty again, mostly to kill time while I'm at work.
  12. Juliko

Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden. This one was really good! I can definitely see why this LGBT novel made such a big impact when it was first published in 1982. But even with that, the characters are all intriguing and likeable (Save for the two homophobic teachers. They were just cliche), the...
  13. Juliko

Re-read The Luckiest Girl by Beverly Cleary, one of my absolute favorite romance novels ever (and that's saying something) and am re-reading Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.
  14. Juliko

I'm currently reading Circe by Madeline Miller. It's an okay book, but I feel like the author is trying WAY too hard to make Circe into a sweet widdle woobie who's always being treated badly by everyone, even her own child and the brother she raised. Circe needs to catch a break. Plus, all the...
  15. Juliko

I tried to read Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart...but I can't read it any longer. I'm done. I'm only eight chapters in and I can't bring myself to read more of it.
  16. Juliko

I've read that a few times and liked it myself, though I personally like A Little Princess better. I just finished re-reading Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls for probably the 20th time. Seriously, I absolutely love this book and it absolutely deserves to be called a classic. More...
  17. Juliko

I know a good writing website called Springhole.net that has a lot of great articles, like world building, character development, cliches, what works and what doesn't, how to write about marginalized groups sensitively, etc.
  18. Juliko

Ugh! I was forced to read that in high school and I hated it. It was super boring and many of the characters were really annoying! Trust me, you're not gonna like it. Barely anything happens until much later, and the book seems to think it's smarter and more philosophical than it actually is, so...
  19. Juliko

@diamondpearl876 Awesome! I'm so glad you liked Watership! Have you seen the movie from the 70s yet? It's so good!
  20. Juliko

The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. Man, this book is so good, though the main character's mom is a piece of shit.
Back
Top Bottom