Search results for query: *

1. Juliko

Books Your Unpopular Book/Literature Opinions

I remember hating having to read that when I was in high school. I found it way too much of a slog, and a lot of things in it went way over my head.
  2. Juliko

New stuff: 1. Get a Grip, Vivy Cohen by Sarah Kapit is great! It's about an autistic girl who wants to join a baseball team and become a knuckleballer. I didn't think I'd like this one, since I tend to hate sports and books about sports (I had to read Shoeless Joe for a college assignment and I...
  3. Juliko

I recently discovered this new manga called Beyond The Clouds: The Girl Who Fell From The Sky by Nicke, and it's really, really adorable! It's rather obscure and only just started getting released in the US, but the story is really cute and engaging, with a lot of neat worldbuilding so far. It...
  4. Juliko

As much as I like Les Miserables and Hunchback of Notre Dame, Victor Hugo really could have benefited from cutting out certain chapters, such as ones describing sewer systems and churches. I don't know how unpopular an opinion this is, but I found this cute book called Little Witch by Anna...
  5. Juliko

So I've been reading The Grapes of Wrath, and...ehhh, while I like it better than Of Mice and Men, it has a lot of strange filler chapters that don't really add anything to the story. The regular chapters by themselves are too long, and I think the book could benefit from having the more...
  6. Juliko

I've heard that Sarah Dessen's books were pretty good, so I decided to rent two of them from my library, Lock and Key and Just Listen. Unfortunately, I couldn't really get into them. I liked the latter better than the former, but they still felt generic to me. The conflict in Just Listen was...
  7. Juliko

Oh, I actually have those books! I haven't read them in a while, though. I really ought to one of these days. I do remember enjoying them immensely.
  8. Juliko

Saaaaaame. The anime version is a delight, too! I can't wait for the manga to be released now that Viz has the license to it! Which reminds me, I ought to finish watching the English dub!
  9. Juliko

The novelization of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I feel, is MUCH better than the movie. Not only does it explain the entire movie and everything that happened in it better than the movie itself did, there's much less filler and pointless padding. The Tales of Zestiria manga is really good as well. It...
  10. Juliko

Astra: Lost In Space is an awesome manga that deserves more love! The fact that it's getting an anime soon really gets me pumped up, and I really hope they do it justice (Along with my favorite character Luca. If they mess him up I'll never forgive them!)! I tried reading The Book Thief once and...
  11. Juliko

Oh wait, I think I know a potential term: Bully apologists?
  12. Juliko

I don't know if there's an exact term for that specifically, but I know victim blaming is a thing.
  13. Juliko

I'll probably get lynched for saying this, but I actually like Yoshitoki Oima's more recent manga, To Your Eternity, better than A Silent Voice. Yeah, I said it. I feel like Oima rectified a lot of the mistakes she made in A Silent Voice with Eternity. The characters are far more likeable (And...
  14. Juliko

I actually did try to read that in a library once, but I dropped it after about ten pages. I had NO idea what was going on at all.
  15. Juliko

1. Amal Unbound is an absolutely amazing book, and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more love. Yeah, it's writing is very simple, what with it being a middle grade novel and all, but I think the simple writing works in making the serious issues it tackles more accessible to kids. Seriously, more...
  16. Juliko

That's fine. If you like it, that's totally cool. I have a bunch of friends who adore Harry Potter but I barely read it myself, nor do I really want to.
  17. Juliko

So...I figured that since there's a film/TV version and Pokemon version of this thread, why can't there be one about books, manga, poetry, or literature? Discuss your unpopular book/poetry/manga/literature opinions here. I have a few I feel compelled to share: 1. I think the Lord of the Rings...
Back
Top Bottom