Search results for query: *

1. Kallyle

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

While I enjoy Dynamax as a mechanic, there's a few thoughts/criticisms I have towards the mechanic that time hasn't changed my opinion of: I don't like how every status move becomes Max Guard. I know that the offensive Max Moves now come with stat modifications for either you side or the...
  2. Kallyle

Yeah, it really seems as if Game Freak ended up balancing the game around the Dynamax feature rather than balancing Dynamax to the rest of the game. One of the things Game Freak should have done is temporarily disable the Dynamaxed/Gigantamaxed Pokémon's item slot like the move Embargo did...
  3. Kallyle

And that’s a problem I have with it. If a G-Max move is the only difference between Dynamax and Gigantamax, then there’s really no need for a new design: it make it seem like a waste of space that could have gone to either a brand new Pokémon or a regional variant. The least they could do is...
  4. Kallyle

I think that there's better ways to make the games stand out than throwing away one power up mechanic for a different one every generation. Fro example, they could always introduce more side features like Contests and Pokeéathlon to to give us more content. WE haven't really gotten stuff like...
  5. Kallyle

And Game Freak really needs to stop doing that: just pick a power-up mechanic/gimmick and stick with it.
  6. Kallyle

Watch this be the signature G-Max move of Gigantamax Meowth. It’s very fitting considering how sneaky cats are made out to be.
  7. Kallyle

We just have to hope that G-Max is something that can be bred, as part of me fears that they won't even allow that to happen just so it gives more incentive to do raid battles.
  8. Kallyle

@Matleo Having the Ghost-type Max Move inflict Curse sounds like an interesting idea.
  9. Kallyle

But wouldn't that make breeding certain species like the starters a pain? Or would they just cut out breeding altogether at this point?
  10. Kallyle

I think that both of the these points are something that could be addressed in a roundabout way: You need to catch a specific instance of a species that is capable of Gigantamax through Max Raid Battles, correct? Well, what if Pokémon from previous generations that fall under those parameters...
  11. Kallyle

Okay, I’ve been trying to figure this out, but with the fact that Gigantamax requires that you go out and catch a very specific instance of a species and that we’re told that the trigger for Dynamax (and by extension Gigantamax) is just “natural energy” according to the Treehouse event, I really...
  12. Kallyle

So, will Golurk get a Gigantamax reminiscent of Mechas since some media depicts them being used to fight Kaiju?
  13. Kallyle

That’s definitely what I’m waiting for. So far, what we know about both Dynamax and Gigantamax is how they seem to simply be Z-Moves + HP boost, which don’t really seem like things that require leveling up. There’s got to be something more going on here; it’s definitely something that I feel...
  14. Kallyle

And that's another problem; you have to go out of your way to catch something just for a particular move. Other than that, there's literally nothing else to differentiate Gigantimax form from regular Dynamax mechanics-wise. At least with Z-Moves, you could use a species signature Z-Move with any...
  15. Kallyle

Why even bother creating the Gigantimax Forms then? They could have just incorporated G-Max moves as a Pokémon's signature Max Move in that case.
  16. Kallyle

Maybe your starter happens to be a specimen capable of Gigantimax like @Knightwolf09 suggested.
  17. Kallyle

While Game Freak might recycle some of them (I could see Mega Tyranitar becoming Gigantimax Tyranitar), I don't think they'll pass up the opportunity to create new designs for the simple reason that it allows for new merchandise. This especially rings true for super popular Pokémon like...
  18. Kallyle

I feel that if any change in ability or typing were to occur in Pokémon capable of Gigantimax, those changes would be applyed to the base form rather than the transformation itself. For example, say a Gigantimaxing Charizard was a Fire/Dragon dual type with the Drought ability. Instead of this...
  19. Kallyle

If having different dex entries for different forms comes back from Gen 7, I think it's highly likely that something along these lines will be in Gigantimax Alcremie's entry. I wish for the same thing and also agree about Gigantimaxing having fixed boosts.
  20. Kallyle

I’m thinking it could be an IV restriction of some sort.
Back
Top Bottom