Search results for query: *

1. Kurolegacy

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Well that’s why I specified that in the meta sense. They can write him as caring for his Pokémon because, let’s face it, they’re not gonna write a main character who doesn’t treat their Pokémon well. I was speaking from the standpoint of the execution of the character. They essentially created a...
  2. Kurolegacy

I mean that kinda makes Go as a character from a meta standpoint feel a bit corporate and soulless when you think about it, valuing completing his Pokédex quickly over actually raising his Pokémon so that they can grow. And really, let’s face it, Go catching every stage of an evolution line is...
  3. Kurolegacy

Which honestly raises the question of why the writers had him catch the entire evolution line of multiple Pokémon rather than either having him just evolve the Pokémon or release the superfluous lower stages.
  4. Kurolegacy

It’s still an annoying kind of mentality going off of ‘any publicity is good publicity’. It reminds me of a statement that was made by someone at Marvel comics a few years ago that it’s better for fans to be angry than apathetic. It just feels to e deaf to the issue that there’s only so many...
  5. Kurolegacy

Regardless of if he did or didn’t, the clickbait in Journeys is getting tiresome. They’re making too much of a habit of it for things like this.
  6. Kurolegacy

It feels like an annoying means of the writers trying to have their cake and eat it too without realizing the inconsistent and contrived effect that it has. After all, all the times that they’ve encountered the likes of TRio or other villains who captured Pokémon in much more intricate traps...
  7. Kurolegacy

Honestly, that kinda makes it worse at least from a writing standpoint due to the contrived nature of it. All the times that they’ve dealt with Pokémon having been captured thanks to TRio and yet here rather than freeing Suicune, Go’s action is to Chuck a pokeball at it to capture it. It just...
  8. Kurolegacy

Honestly, as bad if a rep that BW has, I’d honestly take that over what Journeys has given us. At least in BW it actually felt like something was happening over the course of the series (at least until the final stretch). Plus mini arcs like the Don George tournaments were fun additions that...
  9. Kurolegacy

If I’d have to guess, their thought process is that they believe that a character who is diluted into a singular concept is a fully realized character without realizing that all that does is turn them into a shallow caricature. I’d say that the episodic format is at very least somewhat to blame...
  10. Kurolegacy

Well considering his goal amounts to ‘catch every Pokémon to work up to Mew’ with them having given us some lip service of it being to understand them in an attempt to add some semblance of depth without actually showing it back in the Mewtwo episode, most of his captures are entirely pointless...
  11. Kurolegacy

The problem is, you can’t believably magically make Go into Ash’s equal especially with the showing that they’ve presented to us. The anime exists within a medium of show don’t tell and while some things may occur offscreen, that is a massive leap to make it remotely believable that Go could be...
  12. Kurolegacy

Honestly, it’s still ridiculous to think that Go is at the point of being able to take on low tier legendaries. As you said, Go has been getting better at battles for only 20 episodes, and even then, it’s not like he consistently trains his Pokémon. It was a spectacle when Ash’s Charizard...
  13. Kurolegacy

Personally, I blame SM for starting this issue in general with legendaries when they had Kyogre, the friggin deity of the sea easily put in danger by some joke Pokémon Hunters.
  14. Kurolegacy

He literally caught it with Ash’s help with it being weakened by Zacian and Zamacenta. The only reason it counts in his Pokédex is because his ball was the one used to catch it. That’s like saying he was ready for Golurk when Ash’s Dragonite did the heavy lifting against it.
  15. Kurolegacy

The thing there is that you’re assuming that he’s going into this with a Batman equivalent of ‘prepared for anything’ when, not only has Go never shown such an aptitude as a trainer but we don’t even know the context of how they come to meet Suicune leaving the very real possibility that neither...
  16. Kurolegacy

I honestly don’t see that happening. While it learned Blaze Kick, that could be seen as a natural progression from how it used Ember. Electro Ball is so outside its wheel house that it would require Go actually going out of his way to teach his Pokémon new moves, something the writers don’t seem...
  17. Kurolegacy

True, but Mewtwo is resistant to fighting type moves which are the only type Ash’s Lucario knows.
  18. Kurolegacy

I’d say that all depends on if the writers actually remember that Go has Pokémon other than Cinderace. Though even then, the rest see so little action and training time that, even by anime standards, they would possibly stand less of a chance. While true, Suicune is much more than just any...
  19. Kurolegacy

Agreed. Legendary Pokémon appearing in the anime used to be a special occurrence (Hell Articuno and Lugia had entire arcs dedicated to them in Johto) and gave us some real memorable moments when they appeared. Now Journeys just has them appearing left and right for no apparent reason. I mean...
Back
Top Bottom