Search results for query: *

1. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I hope you're exaggerating and this is actually not a controversial take, at least here.
  2. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I honestly feel DP was worse in that department.
  3. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I wouldn't say Serena is sexist for having a crush. This, however... All jokes aside, Serena does make me a bit uncomfortable, I think she plays the "subservient waifu" part a bit too much, and it honestly was one of the reasons I decided to put XY on hold again. I know it gets better...
  4. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Okay, here's the controversial opinion to end all controversial opinions. I actually really liked Cameron as a character. He was like if they gave him an Ash dial and turned it all the way up to 11, which imo was pretty refreshing for a rival. I don't like how he beat Ash, but that alone is not...
  5. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I really struggle conceding on the point of XY (and Ash in XY for that matter) being mature at all, or at least more mature than previous and future Pokémon series. At least personally, it always felt that XY was more concerned with having the A E S T H E T I C S of maturity, rather than...
  6. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I feel like it depends on where you are. There are some places where not even the smallest criticism can be levelled against XY(Z) without generating a massive amount of backlash. I'd say it's gotten better overall, though.
  7. KyseL

Controversial opinions

The only issue I see is that sometimes the catches come too easy but that's about it. I think my only major problem with Goh right now is that his character is starting to melt with Ash's, which is kinda disappointing, since I liked the contrast between the two at the start of the series, but...
  8. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Ash can barely visit his own mother without a reason to do so and you want him to fly to Hawaii without some silly excuse? I mean, if there's one thing consistent with Ash is how good he's at ghosting his loved ones lmao
  9. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Here's my controversial opinion: I don't find the current series to be fast paced at all. I don't think it's a slug fest or anything, but because it's trying to do so much, it feels like a lot gets crammed in what seems like a small episode count. I honestly think we may not even be a third into...
  10. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I don't mind watching other shows dubbed as much as I do with Pokémon. I can't pinpoint exactly whether it's the acting or the directing, or a combination of both, but when it comes to anime dubs this franchise in particular feels terribly subpar.
  11. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Also things will likely change when he gets to the higher ranks.
  12. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Just watched the first few episodes of BW, and I think the 1st battle between Trip and Ash was absolutely fine. The show went out of its way to make it obvious that not only Pikachu couldn't use electric moves, but trying to do so exhausted it heavily (it wasn't said explicitly but was showcased...
  13. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I think it's fair to criticize a show you care about, but a lot of the "criticism" I see being thrown around when it comes to this series in particular feels way off the mark. It's like they don't want the show to be better; what they want is for the show to fit their idea of what the show...
  14. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I personally don't think the amount of filler is my issue with DP. It's more so the fact that even the episodes where there's some plot progression are structured and presented the same way as fillers. Not all of them of course, and I'm just 1/8 of my rewatch to talk about how the series moves...
  15. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I started (re)watching DP recently and at the very least early DP is pretty frustrating to watch (to not say outright bad). There are a few highlights here and there, but overall the series doesn't live up to the hype yet.
  16. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I love the idea of 2-part episodes, because even when one of the halves is completely mid (See Marshtomp bit) it's completely worth it for the glorious shitpost that would never ever ever make it into a full fledged episode otherwise.
  17. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I respect Iwane a ton, but I can't really put him on a pedestal like some people do. The man is like a factory, he does produce a lot high quality animation on a regular basis, but his work doesn't shine on quality as much as it does in quantity, which is absolutely fine, and even necessary in...
  18. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I can understand the hype about Gladion, but even in the games Hau was a huge pushover.
  19. KyseL

Controversial opinions

I honestly don't know how they could have addressed it beforehand without it feeling forced. You don't go to people's face and ask them about their dead parents, especially in a world were single parents are almost the norm. It's also not something I think most people would openly talk about...
  20. KyseL

Controversial opinions

Friendly reminder that ratings dropped nearly 60% on average during XY/XYZ's run and in its second half it would frequently not make it to the top 10 as well. This is not new.
Back
Top Bottom