Search results for query: *

1. KyseL

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

I was actually excited about a non-traditionally femenine female character :(
  2. KyseL

I'd have to disagree, shading seems to be more reserved to ambient occlusion, the shapes are more round (not only talking about the hair) and the eyes are more triangular (but the iris to sclera ratio is similar to XY), the eye size is probably the closest thing to XY's style tbh, but that's...
  3. KyseL

Except it isn't. XY outright overused shading, sometimes you couldn't even tell if there was supposed to be a definite light source due to all the random layers of shading slapped over each other. Shading was used to help a flat character design look more volumetric, but overall it was so...
  4. KyseL

For a moment there I read "go away lines of action". And was like "What? If anything it's better that the characters have better posing now", then I read it again and realized how dumb I was lol.
  5. KyseL

Biggest concern about a reboot is that there's no reason for them to exist for a story that's not even over yet. This is why movie 20 and 21 feel so... detached from reality, especially movie 20 feels almost like a parody at times, meanwhile movie 21 feels just like if they were making like a...
  6. KyseL

Something I just realized might be worth taking into consideration. Since it's almost a rule nowadays that any new Pokémon series / generation comes out roughly every 3 years, the 25th anniversary of the franchise and the anime as well, and all this nostalgia pandering might actually be used as...
  7. KyseL

What I'm hoping this is: A continuation of the anime that's more aware of its past, and is able to revisit past locations and characters from the anime making it a part of its plot. If they eventually have to reboot the anime or change main characters and whatnot, this is how I'd like the...
  8. KyseL

I still think we'll likely only get a logo (maybe the placeholder one), and a date. Whether the date is going to be for an official announcement/trailer or for the actual series is up for debate.
  9. KyseL

I honestly think even Rosa (from B2W2) is more likely than Citron. Especially with the Pokémon Masters hype and her being a pretty prominent character there afaik. Not saying it's likely at all, but it's definitely likelier than Citron randomly coming back, especially if it's just him and not...
  10. KyseL

I kinda disagree, the Kalos group did feel like a huge Ash circlejerk quite frequently (not always). The only one that was doing her own thing for most of the series was Eureka iirc, I'll agree with you on that. However, with SM, even though they get inspired by Ash from time to time, it's...
  11. KyseL

My current prediction for next week's announcement is that we'll get a logo and a date, and I'm not so sure about the logo.
  12. KyseL

It didn't have a significant drop in viewership until the time slot change, though. Back when the show was airing on Thursdays it didn't have any strong competitors, but now it has to fight for attention with Chibi Maruko-Chan, one of the top 3 most viewed animated shows in Japan, on the exact...
  13. KyseL

Honestly I'm getting more Gary vibes from Bede, he looks snarky and dismissive. As for Marnie, she feels a lot like a less dramatic version of Gladion, edgy but not mean spirited.
  14. KyseL

Marnie isn't Team Yell's leader, though. Or at least it doesn't look like it, they are her fanclub of sorts and they listen to her, but they seem to act to their own accord. Marnie and Bede seem to have very ambiguous goals related to the league for the time being according to the website. It's...
  15. KyseL

I'm also getting heavy Team Skull vibes from Team Yell, which makes me think we might get a Aether Foundation 2.0. Maybe the League Committee? Rose looks very sus imo.
  16. KyseL

Threadmarks: More footage

Japanese trailer has a lot of extra footage:
  17. KyseL

The word graduation was only ever mentioned in early promotional material before the show even started, I honestly don't even know why everyone keeps bringing it up as if it was guaranteed to happen or something.
  18. KyseL

I'm not really aware of the existence of a good aggregated source for ratings of the Pokémon anime to be far. There's a lot less data readily available (I believe). On top of that in most Western countries TV is getting completely overshadowed by streaming.
  19. KyseL

Kinda bonkers to realize that they ever thought having Pokémon share the same time slot as the second most viewed kid's anime in Japan was a good idea.
  20. KyseL

I'm not going to pretend I was at the meeting where they decided to majorly change the style. That doesn't change the very extreme likelihood that something preventing them from changing it even if they wanted to was both brand recognition and fear of backlash. Changes are generally a huge risk...
Back
Top Bottom