Search results for query: *

1. Lanstar

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

The HM mechanic feels half perfect - Calling out wild pokemon to do HM's is an excellent bypass to needing a pokemon in your party to do it for you. But still... I'd love if the game would let us use our own Pokemon to do HM's without taking up move slots as well. Having both options would allow...
  2. Lanstar

So the news drought shall end soon... You all know what that means:
  3. Lanstar

This is quite the drought, isn't it? 5 months after the announcement, and not much gameplay info at all, aside from a few clips in an OLED switch ad. Just goes to show they would've been much better off just announcing the game 2-3 months before the release date, in the name of preventing...
  4. Lanstar

Until then, queue the infamous bulbagarden news drought meme:
  5. Lanstar

I'm not sure that many people are actually saying a vision is the same as a full game as much as saying, "I'd rather have a pokemon game use elements from the vision than what game freak chose." People trying to convey a lot of this "false equivalance" that few fans actually think as the same...
  6. Lanstar

When people create visions of a "dream game", it's their way of saying, "This is how I'd love to see a Pokemon game be made". If it impresses fans enough, of course it will engage them into comparing the fan vision of a great game to the game we're going to get. There's no escaping this - and...
  7. Lanstar

I bet that that if Harvest moon fans had the same hubris as Pokemon fans about their games, Stardew Valley wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now, and would never take off at all. "HOW DISRESPECTFUL TO MAKE A FAKE IMITATION OF THE REAL THING! IT'S JUST ANOTHER RIPOFF!" What makes Pokemon...
  8. Lanstar

That graphics demo just shows how fairly simplistic much of Sinnoh was. Lots of the routes in that region used primarily the same rock, grass, tree, road, bridge and water tiles, along with some generic housing and an attraction here and there. Such simplicity has made 2d Pokemon fangames easier...
  9. Lanstar

Looking at the box art, I can just see it: A kid who played Sw/sh or LGPE who ignores announcements looks at the box and goes, "Whoa! Such detailed graphics!" and buys the game. Then they start playing it, and at some point says, "Hey... I'm smol." :lapras:
  10. Lanstar

I can't lie - I'd love to see radio silence for until 2 months until release day. I don't like when game tease features to death, and as long as we know when the games are released, the fanbase doesn't need to deal with the constant barrage of spoilers and trailers. Or, another way to say...
  11. Lanstar

Wait... Maybe it wasn't Machamp, but Steelix instead. Nothing like a steel snake following you around in a peaceful stroll. Where's Mah Chibi Steelix?! x)
  12. Lanstar

If Amity Square came back, I'd love to see any Pokemon be able to walk with you in that area - and have the guy who complained about the area discriminating his Gyarados and Machamp strolling around there with his Pokemon. He deserves justice! ...Having said that, it may end up being too much...
  13. Lanstar

I have no clue how anyone could even argue that they were 'games' in the first place - or even argue, "They aren't games" as a reason to dismiss it as a 'vision' that it actually is. Pokemon Fans can be strange some times. :/
  14. Lanstar

One other thing - and it regards the fan-made trailer. I find it rather sad that many decided to dismiss it as, "Wake me when they make a real game." It might not be another game, but the point of it was to make us imagine what could've happened if game freak chose a more proportional artstyle...
  15. Lanstar

I think one area about the graphics made me feel the game might be more "Faithful" to the originals than other remakes in my first impression: The Trees. In Oras, they completely modified the quantity and tree positions of old: Instead of them literally being the borders of the routes, they...
  16. Lanstar

Maybe I'll try to clarify how I define 'Remaster', 'Remake', and 'Reimagining': Remaster: A 'port' from an older style. How you port it doesn't matter, as long as the actual gameplay remains as identical to the older game as possible. In other words, it could be developed from scratch - but it...
  17. Lanstar

Yeah, I think they are supposedly going to remakes myself. The only thing that would make them closer to being "Remasters" as well is if they became so close to 1:1 in features that the gameplay feels no different to the originals. I define "Remake" and "Remaster" in fairly fuzzy boundaries...
  18. Lanstar

Exactly my point: Both games are "remakes," but looking at some people's standards of what a pokemon remake should keep/not have, Final Fantasy VII, by their standards, would not be a remake at all - but some completely new spinoff in the spirit of an older game.
  19. Lanstar

I think putting hard limits on what a 'Remake' should mean entail is ridiculous. Look at the Final Fantasy VII Remake for instance: It's in full ultra HD in the same graphics intensity as current Final Fantasy games, and even alters the battle format versus the original edition. Yet by some...
  20. Lanstar

The main question I've always wondered: What would Game Freak have to do to make the general fan base not want to buy their mainline games? I mean, I know there are easy ways to do it (offensive content, etc.) - but they sound so ridiculous that they'd never do them anyways.
Back
Top Bottom