Search results for query: *

1. Life

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

@chaos_Leader; As someone who has read all of ASOTC, my advice would be to include the prologue. While there is something in the back that readers know is happening, it can be quite confusing when it is talked about, and it won't help if it's not going to be addressed/talked about until Peter is...
  2. Life

It may be interesting from a reader's perspective to have half a chapter dedicated to the orbs and the other to the encyclopedia. I would say go for it; there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea and I find it pretty unique + interesting myself. Plus, like I said above I think it works since...
  3. Life

My advice would be that unless you would write the encyclopedia story in less than five-ish chapters, go with one big stories as it all ties in to how his character found the items he has in DoD. Unless, of course, the encyclopedia plot is as big/bigger than the orbs, I would then say write two...
  4. Life

Interesting ideas. I never thought about having the pokeball have such a function, but it would be interesting to play around with the idea of what more can it do besides hold a pokemon. There's certainly a lot to play around with that I haven't though of, so hopefully the ol' noggin gets...
  5. Life

I may as well do that, then. It feels less person, which is my main concern with using it, but that feeling does work better anyway for the portrayal I'm going for, so it has it's benefits I suppose. Thanks again.
  6. Life

I feel like this topic has been discussed before, but anyway... So, while I was writing a capture scene I wanted to have the protagonist nickname their pokemon then and there, but struggled with how they would figure out if they're male or female (both for naming purposes and so I wouldn't...
  7. Life

Jimmy The Swood Guy; From the story, it's clear to me that Flannery has pyromania. Whether or not you want to address it by name is up to you, but in my opinion, having the name there will not change anything plot/character wise, but may be helpful when describing her issues. For character...
  8. Life

If the history is a long section, I would probably put an asterisk or something between the present and history. If the history is only a line/paragraph, I'd italicize it. Other options to differentiate would be to change the size, font, color, etc. It's really up to what your creativity feels...
  9. Life

Don't know if they'll help, but I have some ideas you might find useful. 1. The Pokemon uses Ice Beam (or another Ice-type move, I suppose) to create a 'wall' around the battle field. Then, using a Water-type move like Hydro Pump, they fill the area with water and swim around in a self-created...
  10. Life

Re: Fan Fic Ideas I don't know if you were specifically looking for recommendations from others, but Bulbapedia has a list of all the game, anime, and even manga characters if you want to look there.
  11. Life

Something that's been stressing me recently is the length of chapters. I've planned out a story that I'm currently writing and have it paced chapter by chapter. Now, I'm not expecting everything to follow the way I have planned, but as I said before, I'm worried if the chapters will be too...
  12. Life

My head cannon is that the TM disc is an actual DVD that the trainer plays. Through it, the trainer learns how to teach the Pokemon said move and the Pokemon can also watch it to get an understanding of how to use the move. Though I suppose that does kill the simplicity of TMs...
  13. Life

I was wondering when it's okay to write numbers numerically (ie. 49) or alphabetically (ie. forty-nine). Can they be used interchangeably, or are there conditions to each?
  14. Life

Hmm... If you're having trouble just writing it, I would try to simply do it one part of speech at time. First, imagine how it would feel for you character to be in that situation. Happy? Nervous? Excited? Write down simple things that would help describe the place like "dirty floors", "gross...
  15. Life

Well, my initial answer is this: take time to think about what you want to do. If this is really something you're having trouble with, why not try to write both stories? If I were you, I would think about what would be most fun/easiest for me to write and go with that idea. Even if nine out of...
Back
Top Bottom