Search results for query: *

1. LightningTopaz

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I usually like to start by taking my initial idea, then forming a basic idea of the plot. Then, I draw up a bit of the world, character profiles, spell/ability lists (if any), and so on. Then I start writing detailed summaries of my first few episodes. However, my outline is not set in...
  2. LightningTopaz

Re: Tournament or straight to the Elite Four Plus, why stop with just battling? True, Pokemon battles are the main event, but what if some rounds had a different challenge besides "defeat your opponent's Pokemon?"
  3. LightningTopaz

So I'm approaching Parfum Palace in "The Kalos Connection", and I want to make the Furfrou chase a bit more crazier, culminating in the in game puzzle. Any ideas?
  4. LightningTopaz

Re: The Trainer's Journey: Writing it? Try not to make the whole thing a trainer parade--have your characters do things besides train and battle.
  5. LightningTopaz

What are some ways to have a Pokemon evolve without battling without it sounding forced or contrived? (a Fennekin evolving to Braxien, in my case)
  6. LightningTopaz

Well, Elegy is a bit similar to Galactic in some respects (they want to unleash Giratina to tear the world apart), but why my leader (who is a she) wants to do this I'm not revealing just yet (Brock and the girls will start piecing that together when they begin looking for the second Gem of Song)
  7. LightningTopaz

What are some ideas for developing the leader of an evil team?
  8. LightningTopaz

How do incantations work? Do magic words (or songs) exist, or are they cast in a completely different way?
  9. LightningTopaz

Just be very careful not to make it sound like it walked out of a console RPG (or even a tabletop RPG)--details are key. At the same time, don't drag them out any longer than they should be Here's something I like to do when scripting battles: I decide how long the battle is going to be (taking...
  10. LightningTopaz

Re: Weapons VS Pokemon Keep the Pokemon in mind as you script the fight--arrows won't even touch a rock type, and even a sword will have trouble against a Roggenrola, for example. Also keep in mind your characters' skill levels with their weapons (and spells, if any)--this will affect the...
  11. LightningTopaz

Re: How to realistically turn a bad guy good I have seen Avatar--awesome show. The reason why my character wants to change (without giving too much of the next two episodes away) is because she has seen the evil team for what they really are--and they're not what she believes a leader should be
  12. LightningTopaz

How to realistically turn a bad guy good So in my latest episode of "Pokemon: The Song of Jewels", I've introduced one of the Team Elegy admins, Hibiki. I'm seriously considering having her join Brock and Wendy on their adventure, but what is the best way to have her join the heroes without it...
  13. LightningTopaz

Re: help please How about he (and/or his family) is in danger, possibly from the evil team?
  14. LightningTopaz

Don't shove characters in there just because you like them
  15. LightningTopaz

Infodumps are usually a no-no, but if you know what you're doing, you can pull it off.
  16. LightningTopaz

It would be a good idea to mention a few aspects here and there, and then explain in detail so the audience isn't buried in an infodump
  17. LightningTopaz

Okay--go find pictures of each of the Digimon you plan to introduce (the big Digi-wiki, Wikimon has a list of every known Digimon (and some cut and unreleased ones) from 1997 to today, and most of them have a picture), and try to describe the Digimon's pictures in words
  18. LightningTopaz

First of all, which Digi-timeline is this set in (eg. Adventure, Tamers, Frontier, etc.) and which existing Digimon are you planning to introduce, if any? Are there any fan Digimon involved?
  19. LightningTopaz

I have a bit of a problem on my hands--the play I've chosen for the Fireside gang to do this season is a bit on the long side (two acts with multiple long scenes in each act)--so should I see the play through to the end, alternate stories with play installments, start over with a new play, or...
  20. LightningTopaz

What would you think if I brainstormed a fic about a game show of the Pokeworld that was essentially a mixture of GUTS, Wild and Crazy Kids, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Mario Party? I would not only show the proceeding of the game--what would be seen on TV--but what happens behind the...
Back
Top Bottom