Search results for query: *

1. Lone_Garurumon

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

It's also one of the most widely accessible Dragon-Type moves at lower levels, and its incredible usefulness in the early-mid game means that a lot of people are going to have used it if they managed to nab a Dragon Type. It was also literally the only Dragon-Type move in Gen I. Even if most...
  2. Lone_Garurumon

So is there a reason that Pokemon like Gallade can't get Sacred Sword? Like, I get that it's a super-capable move that was designed as the signature move of a group of Legendaries, but that status was revoked as early as Gen 6 with Aegislash (though, it being a literal sword, I can see why that...
  3. Lone_Garurumon

Honestly I don't think either Charmander of Bulbasaur should get it, either. Doesn't really feel like it fits either of them.
  4. Lone_Garurumon

Wait it actually does that? I thought it did literally nothing besides putting the far-left Pokemon over to the far-right in a triple battle if you wanted to get over there for targeting reasons. I guess it does have some potential utility then, but definitely not enough to deserve a TR slot.
  5. Lone_Garurumon

Wait Ally Switch still exists!? Why? The move's only use was in triple battles and those stopped existing in Gen 7! And you're telling me not only that it still exists, but that Pokemon are actively learning it?!
  6. Lone_Garurumon

To be fair, Camouflage is one of the scrapped moves in SwSh, so not being able to learn a move that only half exists in the game isn't terribly surprising. What really surprises me is that Falinks can only learn one multi-hit move, and it's Beat Up. I mean, look at it! It's literally six guys...
  7. Lone_Garurumon

It makes slightly more sense when you remember the Japanese name is simply "Clear Sky", and makes no explicit mention of the sun.
  8. Lone_Garurumon

I'm gonna be the voice of cynicism here, but since when has Game Freak ever given a damn about a Pokemon's competitive capabilities when handling stuff like that? If they cared about Pokemon being good and well balanced then half of our complaints in this thread would be answered.
  9. Lone_Garurumon

Personally I think a different move with the same effect would work better conceptually. Plus GF hasn't been shy about having different moves or abilities that do basically the same thing. White Smoke/Clear Body/Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield/Multiscale, Sharpen/Howl, Defence Curl/Harden, the 4...
  10. Lone_Garurumon

Aerial Ace doesn't actually involve flight though, it's actually supposed to be a slashing attack. Fly really should get to more Pokemon though.
  11. Lone_Garurumon

Monkeys are smart, so they've learned to tie knots in the grass?
  12. Lone_Garurumon

Escavalier needs Gyro Ball. I mean seriously, it's Steel Type, and has 20 base speed. A Gyro Ball from that thing would hurt, and it not having access to it is a crime.
  13. Lone_Garurumon

Those Pokemon are on a completely different scale of power (lore wise) from Marshadow though. That's like asking why a Charizard can't use Sacred Fire, or why a Pikachu can't use Bolt Strike. Of course these moves are good, they're Legendary signatures, they have such powerful moves to set them...
  14. Lone_Garurumon

It's not weird at all. Marshadow is a Mythical Pokemon. It doesn't make any sense for any kind of Pokemon (aside from something that's super similar to Marshadow conceptually) to get that move. That's like giving other random Pokemon access to Roar of Time, or V-Create, or Fusion Bolt, or...
  15. Lone_Garurumon

I can get Delphox, but why Primarina?
  16. Lone_Garurumon

A Pokemon who takes no damage can't activate Mirror Coat or Counter because it's based on the damage the user took. A Pokemon with high defence will deal less damage with those moves because they don't take much. A Pokemon who takes no damage due to an immunity will counter for 0 damage, because...
  17. Lone_Garurumon

No, perish means "to die, especially in a sudden or violent way". Nothing there inherently ties it to curses. The move is literally "Sudden Death Song". It has no relation to magic or curses, and is an entirely sound based move. It only makes sense for sound based Pokemon, particularly Pokemon...
  18. Lone_Garurumon

Terrible. Lucario has worse Sp. Atk, and its Special movepool is much better. By level up: Night Daze. At level 57/64! That is all. Other methods can give Shadow Ball (redundant thanks to Night Daze), Flamethrower, Hidden Power, Hyper Voice, Grass Knot, Extrasensory by breeding with two/three...
  19. Lone_Garurumon

Well, you just said Which perfectly describes Dazzling Gleam, and I just wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Honestly though, I wouldn't be against Zoroark getting either or both of those moves. It desperately needs something.
  20. Lone_Garurumon

You mean Dazzling Gleam? I fail to see how that would overpower it.
Back
Top Bottom