Search results for query: *

1. Lone_Garurumon

Seasonal Discussions Digimon Adventure: discussion

So, like, I gotta say, it's kinda funny that my last comment on the series in this thread was "Oh damn that was fuckin' cool" (and to be fair it still is), and then I just stopped watching the series entirely (as you may have been able to tell at the time since I stopped keeping the thread title...
  2. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 28: The Voldramon fight was... A mixed bag. The fight itself sucked ass, the animation was incredibly limited and the fight literally just boiled down to "shoot gradually stronger balls/beams of energy until it's over" on both sides. On the other hand, I am adoring all of this build up to...
  3. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 25: So uhh, are we gonna talk about the fact that our heroes just slaughtered a swarm of Mamemon implied to be doing nothing except following their base instincts? Like, those suckers popped. They're dead. And they're implied to have no higher intelligence and are just reflexively attacking...
  4. Lone_Garurumon

The official Toei website has it listed as a 66 eps x 23 min series, so I can only assume that's the correct episode count. DIGIMON ADVENTURE (2020) - Toei Animation
  5. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 22: I love Sagittarius Mode. There, I said it. It's hard to say much about an episode as generally competent as this one. The moments of Sagittarius Mode was good, and the character work was pretty neat. Ep 23: I'll be honest, it's been a week, and I can barely remember any specifics about...
  6. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 21: Yet again, I liked it. Good implementation of Takeru, the Physical World side is bringing things from the previously weird and out of place first 3 episodes back into relevance, and MetalGreymon getting a modification rather than an evolution is a cool, interesting new thing that's never...
  7. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 20: This one was pretty good actually. The fight choreography was neat with WereGarurumon missile surfing and stuff, and Angemon's reveal was neat. Overall pretty neat. One this that does confuse me though, is where the fuck was Angemon actually being kept? He was apparently able to just...
  8. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 19 was actually surprisingly hype for a setup episode? Like, Leomon's entrance was hype as fuck, and Minotarumon was, at the very least, infinitely more interesting than every villain from the past 9 episodes combined. Also very interested to find out exactly how Takeru wound up both in the...
  9. Lone_Garurumon

Threadmarks: The Leomon Death Timer Betting Pool

The Leomon Death Timer Betting Pool User Predicted death episode @Lone_Garurumon Ep 37 @A Wild Luxray Ep 29 @Kung Fu Ferret Ep 45
  10. Lone_Garurumon

I'm honestly not convinced that's where they ended up. We never actually see where they wound up, and they could have just been yanked off to other parts of the Digital world. You also reminded me that I entirely forgot to bring up the fact that Leomon arrives next episode. Therefore: I'm...
  11. Lone_Garurumon

Sooo... Been a while since I updated this thread, huh? So let's just get straight into thoughts on what the series has done, huh? Ep 13: This one was honestly pretty boring. Which disappoints me, because I love the Fanbeemon line, but this episode was just a boring time. Congratulations...
  12. Lone_Garurumon

So, how about those Super Evolutions over the past few weeks? MetalGreymon was decent enough, not bad, not great, it worked for what it needed to do. But I don't really believe that Yamato cares about these people enough to trigger WereGarurumon, not at the point that it happened. Which is one...
  13. Lone_Garurumon

Oh boy were they padding this one for time. Lotta long sweeping shots where nothing happened, flashbacks to literal minutes ago. Just clearly didn't have the content to fill an entire episode. Ogremon was reasonably interesting in this episode, and I'm honestly kinda disappointed that he...
  14. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 8 was pretty good! It did a really great job of weaving in a bunch of good character moments during all the stuff. I am a bit annoyed at Koushiro's continued absence from the main group, since just flying along through the network with Kabuterimon doesn't exactly allow them to do a whole...
  15. Lone_Garurumon

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Ep 7. It might be the awkward way Joe's character's been altered making him feel a bit off, but the episode as a whole just felt kinda... Eeehhhhhh. And like, I know it's a reboot, so you gotta change things around a bit to keep things interesting, but when...
  16. Lone_Garurumon

Ep 5: Your pretty basic lore episode that establishes what's going on and why. Honestly I'm a little surprised they pretty much spelled out the deal with the partner Digimon right away like that. I get the feeling this series is gonna be a bit faster-paced than most others are, time will tell...
  17. Lone_Garurumon

Lone's thoughts on the first 4 episodes: Eps 1-3: These were really just ok imo. It was just 3 episodes of Our War Game with weird pacing between episodes. Omnimon showing up was also kinda super weird because it implies access to the potential to entirely break the power scaling whenever...
  18. Lone_Garurumon

When a sudden wave of unusual phenomena strikes Tokyo's electronics, runaway trains and a slowly spreading city-wide blackout, a group of children are brought into the world within computer systems and unite with creatures made from computer data known as Digimon. Yes, because Toei just can't...
Back
Top Bottom